Brakes to a button

Forever, Britain's most cherished Crown Jewel
new reply
danb12
Staff Sergeant

Brakes to a button

Post by danb12 »

Hi,

I am revisiting the Spitfire and trying to configure it through FSUIPC... need to get a L:Vars file together, but have been trying to map the brakes to a button on my Warthog stick...

What command through FSUIPC do i need to use? I can get them working through axis but that isn't realistic... any help would be appreciated! I have tried 'brakes' 'left brake' 'right brake' use key , and nothing works :(

Thanks
Dan

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: Brakes to a button

Post by Gypsy Baron »

I simply map a button to use the default BRAKES offset, C65588.

Paul

danb12
Staff Sergeant

Post by danb12 »

HI Paul,

That's what I tried first... default fsx control Yeah?

Nothing happens :-(

Dan

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

do you have air pressure for the brakes?
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

danb12
Staff Sergeant

Post by danb12 »

That's a very good point as it is a fresh install and I didn't check, but the parking brake will set and I can hear air pressure...

The lever doesn't move at all when assigned to the button. I will try again later and report back!

Thanks though!

danb12
Staff Sergeant

Post by danb12 »

So... I didn't have any air... but that hasn't helped. The default 'brakes' doesn't work on any button... I have got it working assigned to my toe brakes but I don't want to do that...

Any other ideas?

Thanks
Dan

P.s if anyone has a .mcro file they would be willing to share I would be very grateful! Thanks!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

danb12 wrote:The default 'brakes' doesn't work on any button... I have got it working assigned to my toe brakes [...]
Hi Dan,

I think you've identified the issue. If you've already got a toe brake axes assigned for the brakes, using a button too likely won't have any effect except perhaps to release the parking brake. That's because the axis will always determine the status of the wheel brakes.

You could use a button instead for the Spit by creating a profile for it in FSUIPC4 and disabling your toe brakes axes within this profile only. However, remember that any button input is just 'on' or 'off' so you may be better off with the existing toe brake controls, even if it's not 100% authentic to the Spit.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

danb12
Staff Sergeant

Post by danb12 »

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the post. I have indeed deleted this assignment but it didn't change anything... unfortunately the button just doesn't want to work. I have started flying the T-6 again but will give it another go soon!

Thanks a lot,

Dan

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II”