Rotol for the Mk. I

Forever, Britain's most cherished Crown Jewel
new reply
alehead
Staff Sergeant

Rotol for the Mk. I

Post by alehead »

EDIT:

Just found a previous similar request... consider my question answered...

I know this is unlikely, but I would love to have the Rotol attached to the Mk.I. So many were retrofitted...

Of course, if it requires too much effort, I will stick with the IIA, which I tend to fly most...

I have a full hangar, but it is the accusimmed A2A aircraft that get all my GA time... I should probably tidy up and remove everything else I never load up...

A
Andrew
i9 9900K @ 4.8GHz (Der8auer delidded) on air (NH-D15), Gigabyte Aorus Master with 32 Gb RAM
Aorus Master RTX3090, Win10Pro / MSFS

Bradburger
Senior Airman

Re: Rotol for the Mk. I

Post by Bradburger »

Well, if it ever did happen, I'd prefer the de Havilland 20 degree CS propeller over the Rotol CS, fitted to the MKI.

The Rotol spinner and prop used on the MKI & II is, well, rather ugly, whereas the D.H prop & spinner looks much nicer, and is in keeping with the lines of the Spitfire!

I really hope one day we will get a later MKI with the D.H CS prop as an option, powered hydraulic system, and metal ailerons.

(And I'd like to see the MKII to have the option of the DH CS prop instead of the non authentic Weybridge fixed pitch two blader as present).

And then of course, there's the MKV! :wink:

Cheers

Paul

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II”