Prepar3D v3.1

Forever, Britain's most cherished Crown Jewel
new reply
Redglyph
Senior Airman

Prepar3D v3.1

Post by Redglyph »

Hello,

I'm completely new to P3D - and in these forums! - and I would like to make sure the Accu-sim + WOP 3 Spitfire I/II were working with version 3.1, it seems so from what I've gathered but a confirmation from someone using it would be nice :)

Are there training / other missions available? If not in this package, what would you advise for this specific aircraft in P3D (academic verison)?

Thanks!
Accu-Sim: B-17G, C172, C182, Cherokee 180, Comanche 250, Civilian P-51, Spitfire MkI/II, T-6, CotS Constellation, CotS B377
System specs: Win10 x64 | CPU: i7-10770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: RTX 3070 | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG Crosswind

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Prepar3D v3.1

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello and welcome to the forums,

the Spitfire is an FSX model so its not officially fully supported on the P3D platform, we cant guarantee the flight model fidelity, physics or any of the software will work as intended. It can work I believe as a port but it comes with the cavet of the bits already mentioned and that if P3D changes something as it develops further the port may not work at all.

There's no missions or anything like that in the simulation.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Redglyph
Senior Airman

Post by Redglyph »

Thanks!

Yes, I've read as much and I understand you are targetting the FSX simulator. Yet there seems to be some obvious amount of effort to keep some things working with P3D, from what I saw with the Accu-Sim Update 10_03_15 (I know there is an issue about the axes, not sure it's blocking).

That's why I'd be reassured to see some confirmation from someone running it successfully in 3.1.

To be honest, I haven't been impressed by P3D so far. I know there are many add-ons to improve it, but it's hard to invest blindly in so many add-ons without being sure they're actually working well. Then there are the aircraft, and it's a little bit the same, this one has always been a passion, but if that's not working in P3D I might just consider other options (trying FSX, trying other aircraft and waiting to see how this one evolves, ...).
Accu-Sim: B-17G, C172, C182, Cherokee 180, Comanche 250, Civilian P-51, Spitfire MkI/II, T-6, CotS Constellation, CotS B377
System specs: Win10 x64 | CPU: i7-10770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: RTX 3070 | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG Crosswind

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

the Accu-sim updater P3D portion is to keep things updated for our P3D customers. Our range of P3D products is under the P3D section of the store;
https://a2asimulations.com/store/index. ... x&cPath=11

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Redglyph
Senior Airman

Post by Redglyph »

Well, after seeing a few optimistic reports I took my chance, and it worked like a charm!

For anyone interested, there is a detailed description here on how to proceed (which of course is not guaranteed to work in the future): http://www.avsim.com/topic/485659-how-d ... epar3d-v3/

For my part (I don't have FSX, only P3D) I simply did as follows:
- copied prepar3d.exe as fsx.exe in the Prepar3d base directory, only for the installers 1) and 2) below to accept this as a target (it can be removed later),
- unzipped and installed the content of 1) wop3_spitfire.zip, 2) wop3_spitfire_accusim.zip, then 3) A2A_Update_03_30_16.zip (latest A2A update as of today), pointing to the P3D base directory when asked.

This is a great package, the Accu-sim products from you guys are wonderful! :D

Redglyph
Senior Airman

Post by Redglyph »

I see this grammar mistake in many A2A documents, and I hate to do that but I'll explain it here in the hope it's useful, because it really hurts the eye ;)

Random quote: "For example, when static and on the ground, lets say you move your prop lever to it's highest speed, which is 3,000RPM on the Spitfire."

No! "it's" is a contraction of "it is" and nothing else, you don't mean "You move your prop lever to it is highest speed", do you? In this occurrence, this should be the determiner "its".

And so the correct sentence is: "For example, when static and on the ground, let's say you move your prop lever to its highest speed, which is 3,000RPM on the Spitfire." (also, it is "let's" and not "lets", for "let us").

The trick is to replace "its/it's" with
- "it is": if that works, then it can be written "it's"
- "his/her": if that works, then it can be written "its" (to be used for a non-person genetive only!).

There, hope it helps :)

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II”