Spitfire with and without Accu-Sim

Forever, Britain's most cherished Crown Jewel
Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Spitfire with and without Acu-sim

Post by Paughco »

Get the Accu-Sim.

I have it in my J-3 Cub, my P-40, and it came with the Comanche. I own all these airplanes. They are just like the motorcycles in my garage, only their hanger is in my PC. I take really good care of my motorcycles. I change the final drive fluids on my BMWs every 12,000 miles. Yeah, the airplanes are all only ones and zeros, but I love my A2A aircraft almost as much (in a virtual sort of way). I take the best care of them I can within the limitations of their various Accu-Sim levels. I mean, it's way easier to click a mouse in the Shift,7 Shop than it is to shell out a few hunnert bux at South Sound BMW...

Watch the YouTube videos on the A2A Spitfire if you really want to get amped up!

Seeya
ATB

TBryson2
Staff Sergeant

Post by TBryson2 »

Also, I should have asked, since I already have the 172 and the Cherokee, (with Accu-Sim), do I need to purchase an additional Accu-Sim for the Spitfire?

Thanks!

TB2
TB2
Ocala Flight Sim Club
United States Marine Corps

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

Yes. Accu-Sim is specific to each aircraft. In the case of the warbirds, unlike the GA aircraft, it's a separate purchase. There's a small discount if you buy the aircraft and the Accu-Sim module together (check the box at the bottom of the product page).

Two small exceptions - the two Mustangs (Military and Civilian) share an Accu-Sim module, so you only need to buy one Accu-Sim to cover both. And if you buy the 377, you'll want to add Captain of the Ship, which includes Accu-Sim and other features.

Now you know everything... at least about buying Accu-Sim for the warbirds...
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

all ready answered..
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

TBryson2
Staff Sergeant

Post by TBryson2 »

I must concur! Guess now I do know everything! :lol:

I'm really leaning towards the Spitfire, (obviously with Accu-Sim), but I'm afraid I'll fall in love with it and abandon my 172 and Cherokee. (Hazard of the flight sTimulator world).

Thanks all!

TB2
Ocala Flight Sim Club
TB2
Ocala Flight Sim Club
United States Marine Corps

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Definitely do get the accu-sim package with the Spit! I don't necessarily believe you will abandon the other two. They are different styles of flying, aren't they?

The Spit is great for challenging your skills in a high performance aircraft.

The Cessna and Piper are perfect for a more introspective cross-country flight to some interesting destination.

Just for starters, those three....then you will need to look into the P-51, the B-17, the 377....

Comrade_Bob
Airman First Class

Post by Comrade_Bob »

Don't forget about MY favorite warbirds of theirs, the P-40. Its really just a Cherokee with a wartime, can-do, attitude. Oh, and just a tiny bit more cockpit management.
Tom M.

ImageImageImageImage

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

After reading this and another thread about turning accu sim off with the Spitfire, I think I will get a Spitfire without accu sim. The model will still be very nice, all the switches will work and of course much cheaper and easier to fly.

Thanks for everyone's input :)
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Styggron wrote:After reading this and another thread about turning accu sim off with the Spitfire, I think I will get a Spitfire without accu sim. The model will still be very nice, all the switches will work and of course much cheaper and easier to fly.

In my opinion you're missing out on the best part of the A2A planes if you get them without Accusim. Yes of course sometimes it is frustrating when you break another pair of landing gear or blow a radiator but I think that's a good challenge and there's so much accomplishment when you get it right. And you can always turn it off if you want it to for a quick spin.

Just my two cents
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

Piper_EEWL wrote:
Styggron wrote:After reading this and another thread about turning accu sim off with the Spitfire, I think I will get a Spitfire without accu sim. The model will still be very nice, all the switches will work and of course much cheaper and easier to fly.

In my opinion you're missing out on the best part of the A2A planes if you get them without Accusim. Yes of course sometimes it is frustrating when you break another pair of landing gear or blow a radiator but I think that's a good challenge and there's so much accomplishment when you get it right. And you can always turn it off if you want it to for a quick spin.

Just my two cents
I agree with you totally and yes you can select "damage off" and it turns off accu-sim or at least it does according to another thread but bottom line is that it is way too expensive for plane and accu-sim, over $70 for me which is too much sorry. Yes I know A2A spend a lot of time and effort to make it perfect, I know they are a small company none of that is in question. It is a personal choice and what individuals see as value for money. We all have an upper range for what we would pay for something.

If A2A have a sale (which I hoped would be 2-3 times a year but sadly it does not seem to be the case) then I can revisit but otherwise it will be Aircraft factory and accu sim less planes.

I have the C172 which has accusim so I know what it is like and that will do for me until a sale comes up. (also depending how much of a discount the sale is).
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Styggron wrote: I agree with you totally and yes you can select "damage off" and it turns off accu-sim or at least it does according to another thread but bottom line is that it is way too expensive for plane and accu-sim, over $70 for me which is too much sorry. Yes I know A2A spend a lot of time and effort to make it perfect, I know they are a small company none of that is in question. It is a personal choice and what individuals see as value for money. We all have an upper range for what we would pay for something.

If A2A have a sale (which I hoped would be 2-3 times a year but sadly it does not seem to be the case) then I can revisit but otherwise it will be Aircraft factory and accu sim less planes.

I have the C172 which has accusim so I know what it is like and that will do for me until a sale comes up. (also depending how much of a discount the sale is).
I can understand that. So let's just hope there'll be a sale real soon then :wink:

Happy flying
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

Piper_EEWL wrote:
Styggron wrote: I agree with you totally and yes you can select "damage off" and it turns off accu-sim or at least it does according to another thread but bottom line is that it is way too expensive for plane and accu-sim, over $70 for me which is too much sorry. Yes I know A2A spend a lot of time and effort to make it perfect, I know they are a small company none of that is in question. It is a personal choice and what individuals see as value for money. We all have an upper range for what we would pay for something.

I can understand that. So let's just hope there'll be a sale real soon then :wink:

Happy flying
I hope so too but it will probably be in December like last years or worse, when I am away on holiday and didn't know about it with no internet access :shock:

It's going to be a looooooong wait but that's the price I pay to get a cheaper price.... :)

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

Piper_EEWL wrote:

Just my two cents
Actually I'm not missing out......much I don't have accu-sim on my Spitfire and I still get broken landing gear, I can still flip on landing, I still see the maintenance hangar and can do compression tests and click on components to repair. I can''t change the prop though. I am missing out on some sounds like the door opening and the fuel primer has no sounds. I also don't get cockpit shake when starting. BUT because I have accu-feel I get SOME of that back when I turn it on.

Hence not missing out that much. Sure the engine modelling won't be there but many little things *are* still there and without accu-sim it is FAR more affordable :)

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Styggron wrote: Actually I'm not missing out......much I don't have accu-sim on my Spitfire and I still get broken landing gear, I can still flip on landing, I still see the maintenance hangar and can do compression tests and click on components to repair. I can''t change the prop though. I am missing out on some sounds like the door opening and the fuel primer has no sounds. I also don't get cockpit shake when starting. BUT because I have accu-feel I get SOME of that back when I turn it on.

Hence not missing out that much. Sure the engine modelling won't be there but many little things *are* still there and without accu-sim it is FAR more affordable :)
Well I guess we have to agree to disagree on this subject. Because for me those engine vibrations/sounds just make the plane come to life. And I didn't even notice how much so till I went back and flew a non Accusim aircraft. It just didn't feel like a plane.

But of course everyone has a different view and I can understand your reasoning. Just won't work for me :wink:

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

Piper_EEWL wrote:
Styggron wrote: Actually I'm not missing out......much I don't have accu-sim on my Spitfire and I still get broken landing gear, I can still flip on landing, I still see the maintenance hangar and can do compression tests and click on components to repair. I can''t change the prop though. I am missing out on some sounds like the door opening and the fuel primer has no sounds. I also don't get cockpit shake when starting. BUT because I have accu-feel I get SOME of that back when I turn it on.

Well I guess we have to agree to disagree on this subject. Because for me those engine vibrations/sounds just make the plane come to life. And I didn't even notice how much so till I went back and flew a non Accusim aircraft. It just didn't feel like a plane.

But of course everyone has a different view and I can understand your reasoning. Just won't work for me :wink:
100% agree with you. Totally understand how some might want every single tiny bit out of the realism. I get vibration with accu-feel like wind buffetting not on start up though like a real spit would and sounds, I have most not all. It's really about cost and bang for buck and what we all perceive to be "worth it".

Either way, we both ADORE the Spitfire ! :)

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II”