Spitfire with and without Accu-Sim

Forever, Britain's most cherished Crown Jewel
Styggron
Master Sergeant

Spitfire with and without Accu-Sim

Post by Styggron »

Hello everyone,

I'm new here and just settling in and still in awe at A2A's work.

I have a quick question that I could not find the answer to.

The Spitfire is available with just the plane and of course the ACU SIM add on.

First question:
  • With the plane only purchase, you obviously get the plane model. Does it have and all the functionality in the cockpit ? ie all the controls work ? (I don't know if cockpit functionality is ACU Sim or the model itself)
  • Do you get the checklists / pilot notes or is that ACU Sim only ? I know checklists are in the manual, but is the walk around and the on screen checklists ACU Sim or are they with the model ?
  • Are the spitfire sounds with the model or are they part of ACU Sim add on ?
From my rudimentary understanding, the realism the bumps, creaks, sounds, engine behaviour is of ACU Sim I don't think it comes with the model. Sounds would only be basic FSX ones....maybe...I don't know.

So I was wondering what the Spitfire and indeed other planes on A2A website are like *without* the ACU Sim add on

Second Question:
If you have ACU Sim with a plane, can it be "turned off" or made "less realistic" ? I know this defeats the purpose of course, I guess this would be controlled in FSX's realism settings? Don't get me wrong, I would not be turning off ACU SIM, I was just wondering if it can be controlled etc.

Thank you everyone. Thank you wonderful A2A :)
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Spitfire with and without Acu-sim

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Hi,

Firstly I have to say the Spitfire is a great choice! It's a lot of fun to fly.

Now to your questions:

- I'm pretty sure you get all the cockpit functionality without Accusim (all the buttons will work) but you won't get a canopy that's fogging up etc.
- I'm not sure about the checklists and sounds either since I only buy planes with Accusim nowadays.

- But I do know that you can turn damage of (it's in the Shift+3 menu) so that you can take a carefree spin in your Spitfire without worrying about damage to it. So yes it can be controlled.

I would get the Accusim expansion pack with the Spitfire though. It makes it so much more fun to fly.

I hope this helps a little.
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

Piper_EEWL wrote:Hi,

Firstly I have to say the Spitfire is a great choice! It's a lot of fun to fly.

Now to your questions:

- I'm pretty sure you get all the cockpit functionality without Accusim (all the buttons will work) but you won't get a canopy that's fogging up etc.
- I'm not sure about the checklists and sounds either since I only buy planes with Accusim nowadays.

- But I do know that you can turn damage of (it's in the Shift+3 menu) so that you can take a carefree spin in your Spitfire without worrying about damage to it. So yes it can be controlled.

I would get the Accusim expansion pack with the Spitfire though. It makes it so much more fun to fly.

I hope this helps a little.
It does indeed help thank you for that. Maybe one of the devs can shed a little more light as to what you get with just the planes. Just curious to know when you get plane only, what exactly is missing if you don't get accusim. :)
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Styggron wrote:...Just curious to know when you get plane only, what exactly is missing if you don't get accusim. :)
You'll miss out on a lot of the fun that's for sure :wink:
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Piper_EEWL wrote:You'll miss out on a lot of the fun that's for sure :wink:
And also this rather extensive list of 'Accu-Sim only' features as copied and pasted from the product page on the store...
Accu-Sim for the Wings of POWER 3 Spitfire FEATURES:

• Introducing a true propeller simulation.

• Feel the exhilaration of flying an Accu-Sim-powered Supermarine Spitfire.

• Rolls Royce Merlin V-12 liquid cooled Mk III and higher output Mk XII engine built to manufacturer's specifications.

• Install a Weybridge two-bladed fixed-pitch wooden, De Havilland three-bladed two-speed variable, or Rotol constant speed propeller in the maintenance hangar.

• Both electric and explosive cartridge starters modeled.

• Immersive in-cockpit, physics-driven sound environment from A2A engineered Spitfire recordings.

• Complete maintenance hangar including landing gear, internal systems and detailed engine tests including compression checks.

• Understand how a high-performance aircraft behaves and see how well you can cope with all of the unexpected things that can happen. No two flights are ever the same.

• Piston combustion engine modeling. Air comes in, it mixes with fuel and ignites, parts move, heat up, and all work in harmony to produce the wonderful sound of a V-12, liquid-cooled racing engine. Now the gauges look beneath the skin of your aircraft and show you what Accu-Sim is all about.

• Airflow, density and it's temperature not only affect the way your aircraft flies, but how the internal systems operate.

• Real-world conditions affect system conditions, including engine temperatures. Manage temperatures with a radiator flap and proper flying techniques.

• Spark plugs can clog and eventually foul if the engine is allowed to idle too low for too long. Throttling up an engine with oil-soaked spark plugs can help clear them out and smoke.

• Overheating can cause scoring of cylinder head walls which could ultimately lead to failure if warnings are ignored and overly abused.

• The Spitfire has a small radiator and must get airborne in under ten minutes or it will overheat. Once airborne, it owns the sky.

• Engine, airframe, cockpit panel and individual gauges tremble from the power of a high-performance combustion engine.

• Authentic component drag. Dropping your gear will pull your aircraft realistically as the landing gear is deployed along with cooling flaps, ordnance and even opening the canopy. Drop your gear, deploy your flaps, or just try a dive, and listen to your airframe.

• System failures, including flaps that can independently jam or break based on the actual forces put upon them. If you deploy your flaps at too high a speed, you could find yourself in a very dangerous situation.

• Total audible cockpit made with recordings from the actual aircraft. Before you fly, enjoy clicking everything.

• Primer system modeled. Accu-Sim monitors the amount of fuel injected and it's effectiveness to start the engine. Cold mornings require as many as 12 strokes and warm starts may only need a single shot.

• Authentic battery. The battery capacity is based on temperature. The major draw comes from engine starting.

• Oil pressure system is affected by oil viscosity (oil thickness). Oil viscosity is affected by oil temp and oil dilution level. Now when you start the engine, you need to be careful and not raise RPM too much until oil temp is high enough to give proper oil pressure. If you raise RPM too high on a cold engine, especially very cold, oil pressure can raise to over 150 psi. Oil pump failure can result. Extended inverted flight (negative g) can uncover the oil sump and reduce oil pressure. Do not fly in a negative g situation for more than 5 seconds.

• Oxygen starvation (hypoxia) is modeled. Just take off and climb without oxygen to see.
Hope this helps,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Nick M wrote:And also this rather extensive list of 'Accu-Sim only' features as copied and pasted from the product page on the store...
Good idea. I don't know why I haven't thought of that :roll:

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Piper_EEWL wrote:Good idea. I don't know why I haven't thought of that :roll:
Don't worry - I'm just naturally lazy! :wink: Well, not completely lazy as I did enter all those bullet points in by hand...

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

Nick M wrote:
Piper_EEWL wrote:Good idea. I don't know why I haven't thought of that :roll:
Don't worry - I'm just naturally lazy! :wink: Well, not completely lazy as I did enter all those bullet points in by hand...

Nick
Cheers Nick.
Yes the website was the first place I went prior to posting. I was not sure regarding that list because it does not say that the checklists are acu sim only so from the list it means that the outside aircraft and checklists would be there. However, I read somewhere else (sorry not sure where) that they are part of acu sim hence my post here.

Also many of those lists say "and much more"........ hence the checklists could still be part of "...and much more".

:) Just seeking clarity for model only.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Well, the pilot's notes (which contain the checklists) can actually be downloaded freely from the A2A site before you purchase. The link is on the store page but you can click on the image below too...

The Accu-Sim manual is also available from the same place...

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Styggron wrote:Hello everyone,

I'm new here and just settling in and still in awe at A2A's work.

I have a quick question that I could not find the answer to.

The Spitfire is available with just the plane and of course the ACU SIM add on.

First question:
  • With the plane only purchase, you obviously get the plane model. Does it have and all the functionality in the cockpit ? ie all the controls work ? (I don't know if cockpit functionality is ACU Sim or the model itself)
  • Do you get the checklists / pilot notes or is that ACU Sim only ? I know checklists are in the manual, but is the walk around and the on screen checklists ACU Sim or are they with the model ?
  • Are the spitfire sounds with the model or are they part of ACU Sim add on ?
From my rudimentary understanding, the realism the bumps, creaks, sounds, engine behaviour is of ACU Sim I don't think it comes with the model. Sounds would only be basic FSX ones....maybe...I don't know.

So I was wondering what the Spitfire and indeed other planes on A2A website are like *without* the ACU Sim add on

Second Question:
If you have ACU Sim with a plane, can it be "turned off" or made "less realistic" ? I know this defeats the purpose of course, I guess this would be controlled in FSX's realism settings? Don't get me wrong, I would not be turning off ACU SIM, I was just wondering if it can be controlled etc.

Thank you everyone. Thank you wonderful A2A :)

Here is how I look at Accusim;

Without Accusim, you should find that any A2A produced aircraft purchased to be used in FSX to be the absolute best that can be produced using all that the base Microsoft Flight Simulator code can handle. The plane with this restriction is a beautiful reproduction, the flight model is adequate, and everything that works in FSX works with the A2A aircraft. The difference from the default airplanes is in the graphics and detail on and within the A2A product. The A2A product is FAR superior in every respect and you should enjoy it for what it represents; the ultimate that can be purchased without Accusim.

Enter Accusim;

Scott Gentile is a perfectionist as is the entire team at A2A. It was this constant quest for perfection that led Scott to envision Accusim. What Accusim does is begin where Microsoft ended your simulation experience. Accusim takes an already superior product into the next dimension of realism and immersion. Accusim takes the aircraft and immerses it into the real world of physics allowing the plane to exist and function according to real laws of mechanics. It introduces sound, visuals, reaction, action, and most importantly, unpredictability into the flight model. The plane now MUST follow the natural laws of physics or it reacts as it would in real life, which can now present problems to be solved by the pilot where without Accusim there wouldn't have been a problem.
You can treat a non-Accumimmed aircraft badly all day long in FSX and get away with doing that. Do the same thing using Accusim and you will be solving a issue in no time at all.
Without Accusim, it's just a simulator. With Accusim, it's a real world simulation.
Dudley Henriques

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

Thank you NickM

Yes I downloaded those first before posting, I always check all manuals first. :) I love reading manuals.
As I wrote, I understand the checklists are in the manual my first question was do we get them in game and get to do the walk around without acu sim add on.

DHenriquesA2A
Thank you for that. Indeed this is the same understanding I have of Acu-Sim.
The only thing unanswered now is part of my original question.

With model only, do you get to do the walk around checks outside the plane and is there a checklist built in to see on screen.
(If you can only use the one in the manual and cannot walk around, then one cannot "do" the checklist).

This is why I am thinking the model only version, you *might* be able to walk around the plane and do the checklist.
Not sure yet though.

Thanks everyone

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Styggron

as the Spitfire is a older generation Accu-sim, the walk around is not included.(unfortunately)

Accu-Sim is still worth every cent(IMHO)
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Styggron wrote:Thank you NickM

Yes I downloaded those first before posting, I always check all manuals first. :) I love reading manuals.
As I wrote, I understand the checklists are in the manual my first question was do we get them in game and get to do the walk around without acu sim add on.

DHenriquesA2A
Thank you for that. Indeed this is the same understanding I have of Acu-Sim.
The only thing unanswered now is part of my original question.

With model only, do you get to do the walk around checks outside the plane and is there a checklist built in to see on screen.
(If you can only use the one in the manual and cannot walk around, then one cannot "do" the checklist).

This is why I am thinking the model only version, you *might* be able to walk around the plane and do the checklist.
Not sure yet though.

Thanks everyone
The first walk around pre-flight was done for our Cessna 172 and has been included in our GA planes released since the 172. We have it in the 182 and the Comanche so far.
The Spitfire doesn't have the walk around but it does include the maintenance hangar and the configurator and that alone requires that you make sure the aircraft is ready for flight, and all the consumables are in order. If not, Accusim will pose you a problem.
So in a way what you have with the Spit is an early version (abbreviated version) of the preflight inspection.
Dudley Henriques

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Get accusim!
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

TBryson2
Staff Sergeant

Post by TBryson2 »

Is this the "Accu-Sim" that can be used with all aircraft, or is the bundled version only to be used with the Spitfire? If I should I also get (say) the P-51 would I need to get "another" Accu-Sim?

Thanks!!!

TB2
TB2
Ocala Flight Sim Club
United States Marine Corps

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II”