Installation problems for Spitfire 3

Forever, Britain's most cherished Crown Jewel
new reply
davegee1
Airman

Installation problems for Spitfire 3

Post by davegee1 »

I recently purchased online the A2A Spitfire Wings of Power 3 (SHO-240). I couldn't get it to install ever. I kept getting a message that it could not find the Spitfire Airplane, and couldn't proceed. I then waited until the backup disk showed up, same results. I have the P-47, P-51, and B-17 games and have never had a problem with them. I'm at a loss as to what to do to make this work. I might have to get my money back, but I'd rather have the Spitfire working on my computer.

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Installation problems for Spitfire 3

Post by Tug002 »

I think that I have run into that problem once and ended up shutting of my virus software while installing the aircraft and it solved the problem. Might be worth a try. Hope that this helps you out.

Keep smiling
Tug :)

davegee1
Airman

Post by davegee1 »

Thanks for the suggestion, Tug. Unfortunately, it didn't work, but it was worth a try!

Best,

davegee1

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

Any chance you're trying to install the Spitfire's Accu-sim module without first having installed the Spitfire? As you probably know already - but it's still easy to get the pieces mixed up - the aircraft and its Accu-sim module are separate purchases and separate installs. Install order should be aircraft, then its Accu-sim pack, then the latest Accu-sim updater. If you tried to install Accu-sim before the aircraft, it would give you a similar prompt. Maybe worth a look. Hope this helps.
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes that would be my thinking too, if your Accu-sim installer cannot find the Spitfire it sounds like you have not purchased the Spitfire just the realism package for the Spitfire?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

davegee1
Airman

Post by davegee1 »

Guys, I think you are onto something! I thought that I had bought the whole package to install for $39.00 USD. But it looks like I must have paid for just the AccuSim for the Spitfire.

Question: does Accusim tie in with other planes, like B-17, P-47, etc., that I already have, or do you need a separate Accusim installation for each aircraft? Sorry, I don't have a lot of knowledge in this area!

Cheers

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

The realism package is solely for the WOP3 Spitfire MkI-II.

thanks,
Lewis

davegee1
Airman

Post by davegee1 »

Thanks so much, guys! It is now working properly. I thought that I had purchased the whole package, instead of the Accusim which I had already purchassed. Makes sense that when I tried to install it, it could not find the airplane, for which I had not purchased yet!

I am very impressed with these Accusim add-ons. I have the P-47, P-51, B-17, and now the Spitifire. I have flown full-sized warbirds, not any of these, but I find this an excellent way to really learn the systems and flight characteristics of these classic planes.

I will also check out the A2A forum on a regular basis, now that I am registered to use it. I'm sure there are great hints and suggestions for operating A2A games.

Cheers

davegee

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

davegee1 wrote:I will also check out the A2A forum on a regular basis, now that I am registered to use it. I'm sure there are great hints and suggestions for operating A2A games.
You're absolutely correct there. But this forum is not only a good source of hints and tricks for A2A related topics it's also a great place for any kind of aviation related issues. The combined knowledge of the members and the way they share it with each other is very impressive.
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

:D So happy to hear that you are up and flying :D

Keep smiling
Tug :)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Great to hear, happy flying!

thanks,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II”