Help??

Forever, Britain's most cherished Crown Jewel
jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Re: Help??

Post by jeepinforfun »

Here is idea of what you will see using the FTXEngland regional scenery on the south shore.

Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

South shore is near Blackpool in the North west of England,we are talking about the south coast which is where the battle of Britain took place.

Thanks but methinks you have never been to England.

Regards

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

That would be correct, forgive my assumption that a shore on the southern part of a landmass would be called the south shore. I was only trying to show GroundPilot1 what ORBX/FTXEngland looked like. I believe this image was near Goodwood Aerodrome. Appreciate the correction on my ignorance. :)
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

Groundpilot1
Airman

Post by Groundpilot1 »

Morning Speedy70.... Can I assume if I buy the south england generation x it will inc airfields? Obviously I don't expect to much realism...

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

No generation X is photographic scenery and terrain mesh.You need to buy UK2000 to go with it.

I think your best bet would be to buy UK2000 southern England which will give you Manston (Dover) and loads of other very detailed airports ,go on the site and you will see the airports listed and pictures of them.

That will do you for the time to use with the default scenery.

Then later you can get the generation X mesh which will add all the coastlines roads hills rivers and real as it is detail..

I have PMd you about scenery.Go to your inbox at the top of the page where it says messages and you will be able to access it.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

I'd add another vote for ORBX, bloody brilliant stuff very nice representation of the UK including airport overhauls and lots of other bit and pieces. Plus it's not photographic so it's not all flat and you get the true sense of speed and England when flying at all altitudes.

Thanks,
Leeis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Groundpilot1
Airman

Post by Groundpilot1 »

I actually bought Orbx ftx england last year but my system wasn't good enough to show its full potential so I upgraded my PC to as it is now and installed windows 7... Trouble is I lost ftx... Not sure if I can still download it from the site I bought it...

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Most online vendors have you create an account, which you can then access to re-download your purchases for exactly the reasons you mention. Log in to your vendor site online and see if that is the case for your FTX purchase!

JP

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

Hi GP Have you been to the messages at the top of the page and looked at the messages I sent you about various scenery options?

Groundpilot1
Airman

Post by Groundpilot1 »

Hi speedy... I've searched but no sign of a messages box on my page? By the way I use taptalk on my iPhone so not sure it shows all features?

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

No its not on your phone.
just go to the top of this page and you will see a line that says "new messages "and next to it a a number.Just below the girl with the long legs and the caption passion for flight
just click on the messages and it will open your messages.
go to the inbox and there you will find the messages sent to you.
If you want to send a message to somebody on the forum you go to one of their posts and at the bottom of the post you will see two boxes one called profile which is their details and another marked pm if you click on the pm it will open a dialogue box just like an email.
you type your message and then it will be sent to that person.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Actually, GP, it is on your phone! Open up Tapatalk to the A2A forum, at the top, Left hand side are the three horizontal bars that expand the menu in the forum. Touch that, it will open the different menus, just under the "unread" menu is "messages". Touch that to open it. At the top you have an "inbox" and a "sent items" selection. Touch the "inbox" to get the messages that I sent you a long while back, and the one that Speedy sent you yesterday! If you want to respond to someone, in the top Right hand cornere is an icon that is a stylized pen and paper. Touch that to open a message notepad. Select who you want to send the message to, and your subject, type your message and send. These are referred to on the forum as PM's (personal or private messages). So, it is a good idea if you are conversing on a subject in the forum to check this from time to time, in case someone is trying to contact you on a back channel, so to speak!

JP

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II”