Help??

Forever, Britain's most cherished Crown Jewel
new reply
Groundpilot1
Airman

Help??

Post by Groundpilot1 »

:? Could anyone help with my install of accu sim spitfire bundle into FSX? I downloaded it from PC aviator today it appeared to download ok and seemed to go through the process of installing, but when I open FSX all I see is the outside of the cockpit? ie there is no airframe at all just this cockpit and canopy turning around?? I've tried reinstalling and the box says it has successfully installed? But no change? Any ideas please, I am a relative newcomer so bare with me...

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Help??

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

Firstly Welcome to the forums!

Nice easy one to fix, you will want to make sure your FSX is updated to latest version. Microsoft released two device Packs for FSX you can update for free using these downloads from Microsoft or using the payware expansion for FSX called acceleration which adds some new scenery and aircraft and also updates FSX to the latest version.

Thanks,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Groundpilot1
Airman

Post by Groundpilot1 »

Thanks... my problem has got worse now because I uninstalled FSX thinking I could start all over again but when I put discs in pc and it starts to install it appears only to repair and not install the game again? I have searched documents and FSX is not anywhere to be found? As a last resort I am considering doing a complete windows reinstall to start afresh... I spent 5 hours today trying over and over to rectify this but can only think of reinstalling windows..

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

Hi
I think you are not understanding your computer very well.

you do not need to uninstall FSX only repair it.

Firstly for A2A products you need FSX with sp1 and sp2 or acceleration installed.Do you have this?

you also need to update the product once it is initally installed.

See FAQ in the forum.

You must read the manual and you must use the settings as prescribed in the manual

This is a superb product but it is not leap in and fly.

Groundpilot1
Airman

Post by Groundpilot1 »

As I said I am new to this, I built my pc 2 months ago with windows 7 so still finding my way around it. Perhaps you could advise on the install process of a2a spit bundle? Once it has downloaded it asks for "a path" to install? Do I install direct into FSX folder or sim objects? Or aircraft ? Thanks for your patience...

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

Confirm the things I told you above.

Do you have FSX and acceleration or SP1 and SP2 installed?

Have you repaired your FSX?

Does FSX work properly now with the latest updates using a default aircraft like the aircreations trike?

When you confirm these you will find that the rest is easy but confirm these things first.

Read this http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 26#p301526

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Heres the run down if you are using Standard FSX discs;

- Install FSX
- Install FSX Service Pack 1; http://www.microsoft.com/Products/Games ... Pack1.aspx
- Install FSX Service Pack 2; http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download ... px?id=8986
- Install A2A Simulations WOP3 Spitfire
- Install A2A Accu-sim for the WOP3 Spitfire
- Run the latest A2A Accu-sim Updater; http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=41279

Heres the run down if you are using FSX + Acceleration discs;

- Install FSX
- Install FSX Acceleration
- Install A2A Simulations WOP3 Spitfire
- Install A2A Accu-sim for the WOP3 Spitfire
- Run the latest A2A Accu-sim Updater; http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=41279

thanks,
Lewis

Groundpilot1
Airman

Post by Groundpilot1 »

Hello again... I have reinstalled FSX and updated it to sp1 and sp2.... Which appeared to install ok... I reinstalled the Spit bundle and opened FSX to test it, aircraft is there ok but I have an engine running sound outside of cockpit but none inside? Also prop is not turning? Also does anyone know how I open the maintanance hangar add on which I believe is part of the accu sim bundle? I have searched FSX and can't find it anywhere? Thanks

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Hi,
Using the shift+ 2-7 key combination will bring up these vital 2d panels. Shift-7 is for the maintenance hanger. Shift-3 allows you to operate systems on the ground to see how they function, or it also allows for you to set the plane in a "cold start" mode, i.e. everything is "off" and the engine is cold. Shift-4 is how you load fuel and payload to the aircraft. You should never use FSX to load fuel on an accu-sim aircraft. Shift-5 brings up a map which is handy to chart your progress!

I would add that it is very important to load FSX with the default aircraft, and then load up the A2A aircraft. Loading straight into the A2A aircraft can create some problems.

Finally, I know its been mentioned before, but it IS important to read the manual for these aircraft. Not only are they well written, but they will ensure you get a firm understanding of the particular aircraft which will lead to much more enjoyable flights!

JP

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

Hi
Have you run the accusim updater as shown in my post and Lewis'post?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

The manual is in the normal location for windows software under your start menu or if win8 user on main start screen under show all apps.

Start Button >> All Programs >> A2A Simulations

Thanks,
Lewis

Groundpilot1
Airman

Post by Groundpilot1 »

Thanks again lads for replying and taking the time to help.... I will try again using your advice. [THUMBS UP SIGN]

Groundpilot1
Airman

Post by Groundpilot1 »

Right... The latest is I have downloaded the update a2a accu sim... On opening FSX again and loading spit mk1 I'm still unable to start it, I followed instructions in flight manual but don't appear to have any volts? Although I have connected the accumulator? I clicked all switches and pressed start button but nothing... Also I've tried opening maintenance hangar but it just says I can only do this with engine off and on ground? Which obviously I am...? Lastly I've reset my joystick again and again but cannot get the spit flaps to work?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

Click the message on the maint hanger to open it up. And see what the maint hanger says.

Also remember to check your aircraft has required liquids on the payload panel.

Thanks,
Lewis

Groundpilot1
Airman

Post by Groundpilot1 »

Hi Lewis.... Yes I thought I had checked fluids on box... Would this affect voltage into aircraft? Also I did click on red banded message on maint hangar but nothing happened? The only way to remove the page is click the x in too right corner... I'm still concerned it hasn't installed properly as I still can't operate flaps with joystick plus every time I open FSX on spit the engine is running but no prop turning and if you jump to go in cockpit there is now sound at all

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II”