Repaints: Dunkirk Spitfires

Forever, Britain's most cherished Crown Jewel
new reply
brad617
Airman First Class

Repaints: Dunkirk Spitfires

Post by brad617 »

Hi All,

These repaints are of the four Spitfires that were dug up from Dunkirk and the surrounding areas in the case of '373. I have presented these machines as how they would look if they were restored to flying condition by their current owners, ARCo at Duxford. All these aircraft were shot down during the end of the Battle of France and landed on the beach at Dunkirk apart from '373 which crashed into a field just south of Dunkirk after combat with a BF110. The pilot, Paul Klipsch, was killed. I have also chosen to put one 'kill' marking on '374 to represent it's only combat kill credited the day before it was shot down. Because of the constant changes in official camouflage, these aircraft have quite different schemes however, from what I have researched these are accurate (apart from P9374's kill marking).

Sim-Outhouse: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/l ... nkid=17599

Thanks,
Brad
A Spitfire arrived around the end of the hangar at near enough 10ft slaloming though the dispersal pylons. He then landed, got out in a waist coat and suit trousers, unfold a suit jacket from the luggage hold and put it on. He was Sqn Ldr Ray Hanna.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Repaints: Dunkirk Spitfires

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Brad,

looks great. Will you upload them anywhere else other than simouthouse?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

JoeS475
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JoeS475 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello Brad,

looks great. Will you upload them anywhere else other than simouthouse?

thanks,
Lewis
+1

I'd love to get my hands on these as they are exactly the kind of Spitfires I enjoy flying! However Simouthouse is a no go for me.

Thanks,

Joe
Joe

brad617
Airman First Class

Post by brad617 »

A Spitfire arrived around the end of the hangar at near enough 10ft slaloming though the dispersal pylons. He then landed, got out in a waist coat and suit trousers, unfold a suit jacket from the luggage hold and put it on. He was Sqn Ldr Ray Hanna.

JoeS475
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JoeS475 »

Got them, and had a blast flying them tonight! I needed an excuse to put some fresh oil in the Spit and put her through her paces... Still absolutely wonderful to fly despite the newer Mustangs and Cessna 172!

Many thanks, Brad!

Joe
Joe

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II”