New Variants?

Forever, Britain's most cherished Crown Jewel
new reply
jjsemperfi
Airman

New Variants?

Post by jjsemperfi »

Are there any plans on updates for different variants of later model spits? Like the Griffon powered spits?? I love flying this machine, but I would also love to tear the sky open in a Griffon producing 2,000 HP!!!

MTFDarkEagle
Technical Sergeant

Re: New Variants?

Post by MTFDarkEagle »

Mk.V is in the works as far as I remember..
Lukas
ImageImage

Chunk
Technical Sergeant

New Variants?

Post by Chunk »

I would never put anything past A2A, but since RealAir already has a pretty darned good late mod Spitfire, I doubt A2A would do one as well. Similar to the handshake deal they made with Classics Hangar on the 190.

jjsemperfi
Airman

Post by jjsemperfi »

Gottcha, thanks for the info guys.

Li'lJugs
Senior Airman

Post by Li'lJugs »

I wonder if we will still get a Mk.V or was it a Mk.IX? Supposedly there was one coming. Sure would be nice to fly a Spit without having to keep an eyeball glued to the coolant temp gauge. :wink:

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

Li'lJugs wrote:Sure would be nice to fly a Spit without having to keep an eyeball glued to the coolant temp gauge. :wink:
Actually the Mk V was barely better than the I and II. The Mk IX usually only overheated on the ground though.
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Jetstreamsky
Airman First Class

Post by Jetstreamsky »

I find that's it's all the extra workload that makes it fun to fly, rather than simply punching holes in the sky you have to manage the situation to get the best results. I fly the mkI in preference to the mkII Spit just because you have to work hard and time things well to get the gear down not too soon to blank the radiator and not too late to land, while also flying a good approach.

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

Jetstreamsky wrote:I fly the mkI in preference to the mkII Spit just because you have to work hard and time things well to get the gear down not too soon to blank the radiator and not too late to land, while also flying a good approach.
+1
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II”