Cold and dark start??

Forever, Britain's most cherished Crown Jewel
new reply
SgtPepper
Airman

Cold and dark start??

Post by SgtPepper »

First off thanks to all involved for these beautiful birds, pretty much all I fly these days, can't wait to get myself another A2A accusimmed aircraft.

Could someone please help me out, no matter what I do, every time I start a flight it starts with either the engine running or the plane halfway through it's start up phase, sometimes with the engine temp already at 70 deg.
How can I set it up so at the beginning of the flight it is always in the cold and dark situation??

ARM505
Airman

Re: Cold and dark start??

Post by ARM505 »

I didn't do anything beyond the normal - set the aircraft up the way I wanted (semi c&d), set up the sim conditions the way I wanted, then saved the flight, checking the 'make this the default flight' box. It always starts up in that condition then, at least for me.

SgtPepper
Airman

Post by SgtPepper »

Mmm i'll give it another try, maybe i,m checking the wrong box, thanks for the reply. :)

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

Yes, good advice from ARM505.

Myself, I set everything off manually (in the sim cockpit) and don't use the C&D button. But apart from that .. make sure that you top up all your consumables in Shift 4 and have a ceck of SHIFT 7.

Then save your flight and you are right to go.

The first time you install a new version of the Spit it is also an idea to switch to the default Cessna, start it, shut it down and then re choose the Spit...this can stop the "Spitfire Stuck in the Mud" symptoms which come from a flat battery not registering consitently with accusim and FSX . (that may have been fixed this update, I can't recall. )

Darryl
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

Another "trick" is to reload the saved flight a 2nd time once you enter the VC. This will
often "pick up" and missed initialization settings. This could be a system-dependent issue.
Paul
i7-4790K @4.4Ghz OC - ASUS Z97-A- 16GB Corsair 1600mHz - GTX 760 2GB
240GB + 500GB EVO SSD's - 2x500GB and 1x2TB WD Black 7200 RPM drives

ARM505
Airman

Post by ARM505 »

Funnily enough, PMDG, with the recently released NGX (B738, very good) specifically recommend NOT loading the default Cessna beforehand for some reason, if I remember correctly. Whether the theory applies here too I couldn't say. I never do, and have never had a problem - sheer coincidence perhaps, who knows the vagaries of modern machines :)

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief

Post by Killratio »

ARM505 wrote:Funnily enough, PMDG, with the recently released NGX (B738, very good) specifically recommend NOT loading the default Cessna beforehand for some reason, if I remember correctly. Whether the theory applies here too I couldn't say. I never do, and have never had a problem - sheer coincidence perhaps, who knows the vagaries of modern machines :)
Not sure, don't use PMDG but I have used the method I suggested right through beta, updates etc and it solves all problems on my machine.

D
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

dj_chaos
Airman Basic

Post by dj_chaos »

I have the same problem. I start the fsx. I load a saved C&D flight. The C&D mode is correct. When i turn on the Engine, finished the flight end reaload the flight, then is the c&d mode not correct. The engine runs the first time and the power ist on.
The C&D mode works correct, when i restart the fsx.

Sorry for my english, i'm an old german man :-)

Jörg

P.S. Sorry, is a Cessna 172 probleme not Spitfire.

Kiwi Spitfire
Senior Airman

Post by Kiwi Spitfire »

Pretty much the best thing to do Sarge is just load the A/C and then straight into the menu and hit C&D. Guaranteed to be how you want without any gremlins...becomes second nature after a while.

The load saved aircraft does work too, and it doesn't hurt if you come back from a flight, park her up and shut down fully - then take care of all your maintenance issues so she is ready to go next time you head out to the airfield :wink:
ImageImageImageImageImage

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha | Intel i7-6700K@ 4.5Ghz O/C | G-Skill 16GB 2800MHz DDR4 RAM | Asus Strix 6GB nVidia GTX980ti | 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M2 | Phillips 32" Display | TrackIR |Win10 64bit.

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief

Post by Killratio »

Kiwi Spitfire wrote:Pretty much the best thing to do Sarge is just load the A/C and then straight into the menu and hit C&D. Guaranteed to be how you want without any gremlins...becomes second nature after a while.

The load saved aircraft does work too, and it doesn't hurt if you come back from a flight, park her up and shut down fully - then take care of all your maintenance issues so she is ready to go next time you head out to the airfield :wink:
Always my preferred method these days to do that..maintenance etc at end of flight. I always use a saved flight with the Spitfire set up as C&D at my home aerodrome as the default flight too, just to catch any anomalies but I do realise that the method causes some people large problems, I've just never had them happen on my system.

Of course P3D 2.0 currently causes a problem as the engine is ALWAYS on for me upon loading a flight..but that is being fixed in the imminent 2.1 update.

Darryl

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

There's no battery to turn off correct? I guess it's always on?
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Cold and dark start??

Post by Jacques »

Hey Andrew,
I guess you could say the battery is always "on", but there is really no draw on the battery as long as

Deleted needless info.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Gotcha, still learning this magnificent airplane.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II”