Accu-Sim Core Update v.1.1 RELEASED (Video Overview)

Forever, Britain's most cherished Crown Jewel
Kilstorm
Technical Sergeant

Re: Accu-Sim Core Update v.1.1 RELEASED (Video Overview)

Post by Kilstorm »

Just did a test flight with the new update. Love it.
i9-13900K O/C | ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | 32GB DDR5 6000MHz Kingston FURY | RTX 4090 24GB | 2x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 990 PRO) 1x SSD (4TB Samsung 870 EVO) | Windows 11 Home | H20: HydroLux PRO:HardLine Tubing| 1000w PSU

billhuntsman
Airman First Class

Post by billhuntsman »

I just discovered another happy aspect of this update. Before the update I could not get my Saitek trim wheel to work with the Spitfire, even though it worked with other aircraft. After the update, the trim wheel works just fine. Thank you. That is just one of many things that I like about the update.

Bill

Li'lJugs
Senior Airman

Post by Li'lJugs »

I ain't paying for no update!

What?

OH.

Never mind.

:?

Norforce
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Norforce »

lol :-)
Ron
B-17 AIRFRAME 710 HRS PLUS AND CLIMBING
ImageImageImageImage

GIGABYTE X58A-UD5 MB, INTEL I7 950, 12GB DOMINATOR-GT DDR3 RAM, WIN7 64, GIGABYTE SUPER OVER CLOCK GTX 560 TI 1GB GGDDR5 1000Mz, CORSAIR 850W PS, NOCTUA NH-D14,
TRACKIR 5 & TrackClipPro

wallydog
Senior Airman

Post by wallydog »

awesome update...love the harmonics.. really adds to the immersion.

One question- am I able to damage flaps? I extended well over the 160 limit and didn't lose control or notice any damage in the hanger. Curious to know what would happen in the real spit as well.

Thanks again A2A for the update.

oelwanne
Airman First Class

Post by oelwanne »

Great to have now a visual reference for "how the Engine is running". That new Airframe shaking is pretty helpfull! Together with the great Sound it gives you a really good sense about the state your Egine is in. Perfect!

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

wallydog,

We took out the flap damage, as this system was originally designed to be used as speed brakes. If you deploy them at too high a speed, they simply will not deploy all the way.

To see the how the physics work, fly the MKI with the flaps gauge, fly over 200mph, and drop them and watch how they interact with the air.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Erlk0enig
A2A Mechanic

Post by Erlk0enig »

I am very satisfied with your update! Finally, the wear issue has been fixed and many other aspects have been improved.

However,I have noticed my Mk 1 does not backfire, crackle, etc. any more... Has this been changed, and only old, worn engines will do this?

Best regards,

E.
Best Regards,
Ralf

R9 7900 X, 64 GB DDR5, RTX4090, HP Reverb G2

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Erik,

Hm, yes, you are correct. It seems this is not working as it should. This will be restored in a future update.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

04rc51
Airman

Post by 04rc51 »

Erlk0enig wrote:I am very satisfied with your update! Finally, the wear issue has been fixed and many other aspects have been improved.

However,I have noticed my Mk 1 does not backfire, crackle, etc. any more... Has this been changed, and only old, worn engines will do this?

Best regards,

E.

I too am not noticeing the backfires or crackle anymore,that was one thing im glad to hear will come back,loved watching the flames comming out the exhaust pipes when it would backfire,
thanks

Comrade_Bob
Airman First Class

Post by Comrade_Bob »

One thing I really appreciate about you guys at A2A, aside from the sheer realism of the Accu-Sim packages, is the fact that you continue to update your products, this Core update incorporating aspects of the Spitfire being a case in point. A lot of companies throw out updates, mostly to fix bugs that have been reported, so that the aircraft 'flies' as it was originally intended. With A2A however, I find you are willing to take the time to continue to take a wonderfully modeled aircraft, and refine it even further. That's a big thanks from me, and I look forward to your new and upcoming releases, especially that P-40!

Keep up the amazing work!

Tom
Tom M.

ImageImageImageImage

Erlk0enig
A2A Mechanic

Post by Erlk0enig »

Is it just my impression or is the Spit easier to start now? I *never* need to prime, even below 0°C... It catches almost immediately. Perhaps our new engine fuel pumps are pretty powerful? :mrgreen:
Best Regards,
Ralf

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

"Is it just my impression or is the Spit easier to start now? I *never* need to prime, even below 0°C... It catches almost immediately. Perhaps our new engine fuel pumps are pretty powerful?"

No, this is not your imagination, this was the result of the new fuel system. The engine is sort of self priming easier when you crank it (sucking fuel to the cylinders). This will be resolved in the next update.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Lufthansa 380
Staff Sergeant

Post by Lufthansa 380 »

Scott - A2A wrote:"Is it just my impression or is the Spit easier to start now? I *never* need to prime, even below 0°C... It catches almost immediately. Perhaps our new engine fuel pumps are pretty powerful?"

No, this is not your imagination, this was the result of the new fuel system. The engine is sort of self priming easier when you crank it (sucking fuel to the cylinders). This will be resolved in the next update.

Scott.
oh dear :( I guess "a lot" went wrong in the core update. But as long as a new update ist coming, everthing is fine ;)

Erlk0enig
A2A Mechanic

Post by Erlk0enig »

I wouldn't say that a lot went wrong, this is just a result of the greater complexity of this simulation. The deeper the systems are modelled the more things can go wrong. I for myself can enjoy the spit nevertheless, the biggest issue was for me the wear which has been corrected finally. All the experience that A2A collect now with the spit contributes to the quality of the upcoming birds.

BR
E.
Best Regards,
Ralf

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II”