Post by benny1 »

1.Was there a manifold pressure gauge ?, i cant find it
2. during replay my prop is still.

thanks for any help

300Blackout-A2A
A2A Major

Re: A few questions

Post by 300Blackout-A2A »

for #1, the "boost" gauge is manifold pressure.

benny1
Airman Basic

Post by benny1 »

Thanks , OK , i may have written this in the wrong forum, i bought the 49.95 Accusim FSX Spitfire , not the 20$ spitfire .

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

benny,

The boost gauges is the manifold pressure gauge. It reads PSI, whereas the US manifold pressure is in inches of mercury (inHg). 2 inHg is about 1psi.

The boost gauge is in the front right, it has a maroon rim. 0 is in the 12 o'clock position and this represents standard air pressure (would be about 30" in a US warbird). Above 0 indicates boost, and below indicates lower than standard pressure.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

benny1
Airman Basic

Post by benny1 »

thanks , very happy with plane, think im going to pick up the P40 , but back to the Spit, when i look at real Spitfire videos it seems like the prop moves in slow motion but in FSX its just a blurred circle , is it a FSX limitation thing? and lastly, sometimes the canopy glass looks a little funky , is it compatable with acceleration?

MTFDarkEagle
Technical Sergeant

Post by MTFDarkEagle »

benny1 wrote:when i look at real Spitfire videos it seems like the prop moves in slow motion but in FSX its just a blurred circle , is it a FSX limitation thing?
It's the other way around. It's the "video" part that's the limitation.

Look at this, same principle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQDjJRYmeWg

The camera records at a certain amount of frames per second, that's the reason. If you want a more detailed description, let me know I'll explain further.
Lukas
ImageImage

JoeS475
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JoeS475 »

Great point Lukas... props on video just look wrong, but seen by the naked eye they look accurate. Trying to take still photos of a moving prop is tricky too... if you set for a fast exposure, the aircraft will be in focus, but the prop will appear stopped dead, which looks wrong in flight. If you slow the camera down you can get a great looking blurred prop, but it is much more difficult to get the aircraft itself perfectly focused. Not sure where I'm going with that :)

Anyhow, I find the prop effects for A2A's aircraft in FSX to look very good, knowing that accuately representing a moving prop in all stages of power is a tall order!

Joe

EDIT: Benny, what do you mean about the canopy glass looking funky? It fogs up from time to time, and you may see reflections in it. The only "funky" thing I can think of is how the upper corners of the glass may disappear in some zoom levels, but this is an FSX limitiation, not a fault with the Spitfire.

And if you mean the glass is too blue, that was just fixed in the new Accu-sim update.
Joe

benny1
Airman Basic

Post by benny1 »

Thanks Lucas and Joe, i installed the Accusim 1.1 update and the canopy glass is perfect , everything is perfect , the sounds are outstanding!!

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II”