Blue canopy.

Forever, Britain's most cherished Crown Jewel
Ramrod
Airman

Blue canopy.

Post by Ramrod »

Hi guys, if there is a future update to this fine aircraft, could it be considered to lower the bright blue effect on the canopy a touch.

It's very overpowering in certain angles imho.

Just a thought for later perhaps.

Cheers all.

polluxware
Staff Sergeant

Re: Blue canopy.

Post by polluxware »

don't touch it! please :mrgreen:

FlameOut
Staff Sergeant

Post by FlameOut »

I agree with Ramrod,
It does need to be changed slightly. It looks good from top views, but mostly from the side angles and views from below, it is just too blue. Also sky features,that are in the background, such as "blue sky" or "clouds" seem to enhance the "blueness".

Adam_NZ
Technical Sergeant

Post by Adam_NZ »

FlameOut wrote:I agree with Ramrod,
It does need to be changed slightly. It looks good from top views, but mostly from the side angles and views from below, it is just too blue. Also sky features,that are in the background, such as "blue sky" or "clouds" seem to enhance the "blueness".
Totally agree!

Can it be done by repainters?
--
Image--Image

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

I agree as well. I've never seen a canopy that blue/opague on any Spitfire photo or in videos/films.
Happy Landings
- Patrick

pj_3
Senior Airman

Post by pj_3 »

Yup! Agree. It's 'outstanding'!

:D

[email protected] on EK water, ASUS P8P67 B3 DL; EVGA GTX780; 8 gig Corsair Vengeance C8@1600; Win 7-64; TH2G w/3x19" VA926; Homebuilt cockpit; MD-80 throttle quadrant; TrackIR5: DX10 only.

Solareagle
Senior Airman

Post by Solareagle »

I think it looks awesome, so I say leave it the way it is. Doesn't matter what it looks like in pictures, it's gorgeous in the sim. It's the coolest canopy glass I've seen, realistic or not.
A man's dreams are an index to his greatness.

Bleddyn
Senior Airman

Post by Bleddyn »

I just finished watching the DVD of the Duxford 2010 BoB Airshow and couldn't help thinking of this thread as I watched it. During the 16 Spitfire display they had cameras inside two of them. You could very clearly see this blue tint to the glass which acts like a light filter. It lightens the dark areas and makes the bright areas easier to look at without eye strain, much like yellow tinted sunglasses. However, this blue tint was only directly in front of the pilot, the armored glass portion, on the planes shown in the video. It did not cover the whole canopy.

When it comes to the Accu-sim planes I don't think things should be left incorrect because they are "cool, realistic or not". That seems to go against the Accu-sim ethos. Maybe Darryl or Dudley can shed some light on what is correct in the Mk.I and Mk.II.

Just grabbed a screen cap where it can be seen. (Mk.IX shown)
Last edited by Bleddyn on 10 Feb 2011, 02:20, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Adam_NZ
Technical Sergeant

Post by Adam_NZ »

I've been fortunate enough to see many Spitfires in my time (close-up and flying) - and I don't think any of the canopies looked like that. Granted, very few of them had the armour-plated front panel ... but that's just the front panel. On the other hand - maybe some "modern" canopy re-creators/manufacturers have introduced this tinting for *restored* aircraft.

So much care and attention to detail has gone into this amazing add-on, that I feel if it's an easy thing to correct, then it'd really enhance the exterior view a lot. At the moment, I just feel as though I'm looking at an Airfix kit. Once noticed, I can't take my eyes off it! :lol:
--
Image--Image

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

The canopy glass will be adjusted a little.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

Adam_NZ
Technical Sergeant

Post by Adam_NZ »

ROB - A2A wrote:The canopy glass will be adjusted a little.
Don't you just *love it* when feedback brings such a quick response? Very encouraging, *thank you*!
--
Image--Image

Ramrod
Airman

Post by Ramrod »

Many thanks for the fast reply, i appreciate it Rob.

Cheers.

Mike.

Adam_NZ
Technical Sergeant

Post by Adam_NZ »

I'm just wondering ... did this ever get fixed???

2016 now (gasp!!) ... and my Spit canopies in P3Dv3 are very blue - and seem to be excessively "white" when seen in outside views.

Is it a .mdl fix or can one of the textures be tweaked? I tried some alpha edits but with limited success.

Adam.
--
Image--Image

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

I can't say I can see any excessive blue in v3.3.5. Indeed, the only blue I see, looking from inside or out, is the sky itself. It seems to be neutral for me.

Here are my current settings for Lighting:

HDR lighting is enabled.
Brightness: 1.00
Bloom: 0.90
Saturation: 1.00

Dynamic Reflections: High

Lens flare: enabled.

Cheers.
Steve.

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

Same here Adam, all "clear".

It might be worth double checking that the Spitfire has actually updated on your system. Easiest way to tell is look at the Primer... if that is the proper brass colour, not a more bronze colour, then the blue canopy should be gone. If bronze, the updater hasn't applied to the Spit.
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II”