Another paint request

Forever, Britain's most cherished Crown Jewel
new reply
Bleddyn
Senior Airman

Another paint request

Post by Bleddyn »

I know there are getting to be alot of these threads, but I think this is one that deserves some consideration.

Now we all know the stories about displaced foreign nationals (Poles, Czechs, etc.) as well as pilots of the Commonwealth (Australia, N.Z, Canada, S. Africa) and of course the Americans (Eagle Squadron) flying in R.A.F. squadrons during the Battle of Britain, but few people realize that there was one non-R.A.F. Squadron on the official list of Battle of Britain combatants. No. 401 Squadron R.C.A.F. They were, of course, operationally under the control of the R.A.F. but they are the only squadron not from Britain (or Germany :P ) to participate. I think that deserves some recognition :mrgreen:

During the Battle they actually flew Hurricanes but switched to Mk.II Spits in early 1941. I, and I am sure the other Canadians on here, would very much appreciate a representation of this squadron for the Mk.II if possible. I am not requesting any particular plane, any from the squadron would do nicely.

* disclaimer - the info about the exclusivity of 401 in the BoB is taken from raf.mod.uk If anyone has better info I will happily accept correction.
ImageImage

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Another paint request

Post by Lewis - A2A »

To my knowledge there was only one American in the BoB, and the Eagle squadron proper didnt really commence until after the BoB?
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Bleddyn
Senior Airman

Post by Bleddyn »

The first one was formed in Sept 1940, but wasn't actually operational until 1941.
ImageImage

nath2889
Technical Sergeant

Post by nath2889 »

i can look in to it later today im just working on 4 other spitfires first

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II”