My Tribute flight to A2A Simulations

Forever, Britain's most cherished Crown Jewel
new reply
Hotzoner
Airman Basic

My Tribute flight to A2A Simulations

Post by Hotzoner »

This is just the Second ever flight in this Beautifuly Crafted Masterpiece. Granted my takeoff needs some work but... Enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlpephtYNNU

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: My Tribute flight to A2A Simulations

Post by Scott - A2A »

Hotzoner,

Thanks for posting but I have to point out some things I see in this vid that will result in your engine and airframe (or even you in real life) living a very short life.

- First, you never looked at your temp gauge. This gauge needs to be frequently checked, especially in a climb.
- You flew at full power, max RPM, and climbed steeply. I think the only reason why the engine didn't boil over is it was cold on takeoff
- On approach you had a very high RPM and pulled your throttle all the way back (could hear the gear warning). The engine was actually loading up and starting to quit. You cleared it out with the throttle, which was a good thing.
- You dropped your flaps WAY in excess of the 160mph max speed, and gear as well. Those flaps could have blown at any time which would have put you into a spin and likely crash. These flaps can be abused, but they can blow too.
- You came in really low. I never want to put my life in the hands of any engine, unless I have no choice. This means, at any time that the engine quits, you want to know you are able to glide to safety. This means no flying over dark areas at night - follow highways. Fly high over water and stay within gliding distance of land. Don't fly low over highly populated areas unless absolutely necessary. Make your approach steep enough so if you lose your engine, you can at least glide to a flat area.
- You shut the engine down with the mags – try using the slow idle cutoff pull-pin to the right of the starters.

I hope you don’t mind me pointing this stuff out, and please don't take this criticism the wrong way. As a pilot I just want to take this opportunity to help make you (and others than may be doing the same thing) aware of these things. Thank you for taking the time to post this vid.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Hotzoner
Airman Basic

Post by Hotzoner »

No offence taken at all Scott.Thank you very much for pointing these facts out to me :) All constructive criticism is good for me,that "flight" was only my second ever in this aircraft (from a2a), i have flown lesser spitfires but NONE offer realism as close to this.So yes,all of these pointers are well appreciated.I guess i was so excited about this release that i just haven't read all of the manual yet.. Once again, thanks and keep up the great work guys!

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

Where was this at? New Zealand by chance? Alaska?
ImageImage
ImageImage

Tigerclaw
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tigerclaw »

I watched this video earlier, and I'm sorry, I didn't have the heart to say anything like Scott did. I just left it for him because I knew he would put you on the right path.

However, one thing Scott didn't mention, and I noticed earlier, you took off with your flaps down, the manual says this is a big no no. In fact it says NEVER do it. Maybe that's why you wasn't happy with your take off?

I liked the video, it was great to watch. I was waiting for the engine to blow, but it didn't happen. You're lucky, don't know how you did it. My first flight I overheated the radiator, my second flight I blew up the engine and caught fire :lol: :lol: I read every word from the Tips thread and today I did a nice leg and kept everything in check, temps, RPM's, everything was great. So in just a few flights I feel much more comfortable with this beauty. What I'm saying is, have a little read of the manual, and the Tips thread, and you will be doing great take off's and landings in no time at all.
Tony (That's all your getting, like it or lump it)

MSFS i7-7700 Kaby Lake CPU @ 3.60 GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Cores (Liquid cooled) Gigabyte B250M-DS3H-CF M/Board 32 Gig DDR4 Ram Nvidia GTX 1080ti 11GB GDDR 5 Win 10 Home Acer Predator XB271HU.

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II”