Spitfire Mk Ia OTU Pack repaints - uploaded (Updated 31 Jan)

Forever, Britain's most cherished Crown Jewel
CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Re: Spitfire Mk Ia OTU Pack repaints - uploaded

Post by CodyValkyrie »

I would guess that those are one of the Aerosoft Small Switzerland Airfields scenery packs.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Nico081
Staff Sergeant

Post by Nico081 »

Correct,
all you see is made by FlyLogic, "switzerland professional" is the area scenery for complete switzerland, additional you can have small airfields. Destination airport is "Bern", also Flylogic.
P3D v3.2
Addons: FSG2010, REX4 Direct+Soft Clouds, Hifi ASN, PMDG, Dodosim, A2A accusim all, Katana4X, Majestic, ORBX, Fly Tampa, DRZEWIECKI DESIGN, FSDreamteam, Flight Beam,..,..

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

Interesting! I was unaware of these sceneries. I had to access the German website to order them... so I did.

Cheers!

-Cody
ImageImage
ImageImage

Nico081
Staff Sergeant

Post by Nico081 »

The main reason i fly in switzerland and austria is that i have nice sceneries and my real aviation maps for visual navigation. Switzerland is one of the most beautiful landscape and sophisticated landscape, i like that.

As A2A accusim in aircraft, ORBX is the best scenerys you can get, i have bought all of them but the only problem is having no maps for these areas. I like to have maps lying at my table for flying. Beside ORBX my most advanced airport scenerys is FlyTampa and FsDreamteam...really nice
P3D v3.2
Addons: FSG2010, REX4 Direct+Soft Clouds, Hifi ASN, PMDG, Dodosim, A2A accusim all, Katana4X, Majestic, ORBX, Fly Tampa, DRZEWIECKI DESIGN, FSDreamteam, Flight Beam,..,..

Bleddyn
Senior Airman

Post by Bleddyn »

Thanks for the info. I know what you mean about flying close to home as well. I do most of mine in British Columbia because I have good maps, and to be honest if I am doing low and slow VFR I don't usually need one. Flying in areas you know in real life gives you that extra comfort level.

I agree about FlyTampa, excellent sceneries. I have not looked into FSDreamTeam.. but I am now!
ImageImage

Nico081
Staff Sergeant

Post by Nico081 »

Hi,

to get sharp ground textures i think advisable to use good hardware to raise the LOD_RADIUS to a minimum of 6.500000 instead of the fsx- internal maximum at about 4.500000. This you can change at your FSX.cfg.
But be careful with weak systems :), it could cause indefinable problems or CTD´s within your FSX.
P3D v3.2

Merkava
Airman

Re: Spitfire Mk Ia OTU Pack repaints - uploaded (Updated 31

Post by Merkava »

I like Yellow nose so much... Is it used only and just for training? Ot it used as figher in battle too?

killerwatt
BDG

Post by killerwatt »

As far as I am aware the yellow nose was only used in training. The bf 109 was painted with the yellow nose in this manner hence why they painted it onto some OTU planes to represent enemy planes during training.
"He's talking about our mess bills - Sqn Ldr Brian Lane 19(F)Sqn RAF (Having heard Churchill's 'Never in the field' speech)"

Radeon HD 4870 Vapor-X 2GB, Asus P6T, Intel Core i7-920, 3GB DDR3 Memory 1600MHz Windows XP Home Edition.

ICDP
BDG & A2A

Post by ICDP »

Merkava wrote:I like Yellow nose so much... Is it used only and just for training? Ot it used as figher in battle too?
Think of it like an aggressor squadron. A lot of the top aces were rotated in and out of these OTUs to teach the recruits tactics and techniques.

whiic
Staff Sergeant

Post by whiic »

Is there any possibility of a reupload? Filedropper links redirect to Filedropper.com main page (no download there) and Simouthouse is paranoid and doesn't accept "anonymous" e-mail addresses (nor German based ISP addresses, etc.)... not that I'd want to give my e-mail & register to every single site just to download a megabyte or two, in era when you can download terabytes without registration from generic filehosts.

Could the filedropper links be fixed / reuploaded? Or do they work for others and it's just me who gets a redirection without any explanation given by the site?

oelwanne
Airman First Class

Post by oelwanne »

whiic wrote:Is there any possibility of a reupload? Filedropper links redirect to Filedropper.com main page (no download there) and Simouthouse is paranoid and doesn't accept "anonymous" e-mail addresses (nor German based ISP addresses, etc.)... not that I'd want to give my e-mail & register to every single site just to download a megabyte or two, in era when you can download terabytes without registration from generic filehosts.

Could the filedropper links be fixed / reuploaded? Or do they work for others and it's just me who gets a redirection without any explanation given by the site?
Got the same Problem! Maybe someone will be so polite to reupload the Files?

Tim-HH
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tim-HH »

The repaints are available in the SOH file library :)

Greetings
Tim
Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Sparky69
Airman

Post by Sparky69 »

Hi there, this is a little off topic and I'm not sure if this has been asked before. I apologize if this isn't in the right thread, but just wondering how you alter the aircraft.cfg file? I added the text as per the instructions, using the windows note pad, but when I go to save the new .cfg file I get an access denied window. (I am the administrator) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated....thanks in advance

whiic
Staff Sergeant

Post by whiic »

@Sparky69
Check that the file isn't write protected: right click on the file -> Properties -> Attributes: read-only -> uncheck the box.

Also if it wasn't write protected, verify that the file is not open in any other application: close down FSX prior to attempting to edit Aircraft.cfg. Also verify that you haven't opened the same file twice, such as having two text editors running with the same file open. (It doesn't seem to keep an open file handle and thus protect it from being opened or even edited by other programs while it is open in Wordpad/Notepad 7 but I cannot guarantee it'll always work that way. Windows is Windows. Weird stuff happens.)

__

I was kinda late with this reply but... you can't bump / necropost OTU repaint pack too many times. After all, it's one of the very best repaints for A2A Spitfire. Very original repaints, not just swapped serial number and minor polishing. Job well done.

Toonsis
Technical Sergeant

Post by Toonsis »

As a stick and rudder sim pilot I usually cant stand the paint brush posts but I am digin the yellow nose. Nice job

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II”