Engine Quit On Landing

Forever, Britain's most cherished Crown Jewel
new reply
sixgun
Senior Airman

Engine Quit On Landing

Post by sixgun »

My approach was a bit steep and I throttled all the way back to slow down. The engine quit just a I touched down. Rolled to a stop, primed and restarted engine. Guys you wont believe it, the engine came to life with all those fantastic sounds and smoke. I was gently working the throttle to get the rpm up to clear the engine. Those are so beautiful sounds and visuals and responses. The experience of clearing the fouling from the engine was so real. It was like real, fantastic !!!!
Last edited by sixgun on 29 Jan 2011, 19:44, edited 2 times in total.

lonewulf47
A2A Chief Pilot

Re: Engine Quit On Landing

Post by lonewulf47 »

Well, that's exactly how it should be. You don't just fly a Spitfire in FSX, you are now a proud owner of a Spitfire :wink: ! treat it well and it wil provide you with a lot of great flight experience. And btw, did you know? You don't strap into a Spitfire - you wear it :lol: !

Oskar

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

lonewulf47 wrote: You don't strap into a Spitfire - you wear it :lol: !
Oskar
Seems to me I've heard that song before :) :)

Darryl
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

lonewulf47
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by lonewulf47 »

It's a small world, isn't it? :wink:

Oskar

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

"after all" ?? :)
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

"The experience of clearing the fouling from the engine was so real. It was like real, fantastic !!!!"

This is another reason why this project too so long, as we laid the groundwork. For example, we model the oil burn, fuel burn, and even water burn and have the associated results. Fouled plugs literally affect the effectivity of the spark so what you are experiencing is something very close to a real engine clearing it's plugs.

And the sound of the engine is the actual combustion. We don't use a traditional sample of the engine with pops and such, we use our own proprietary technique. The engine sound is a direct response to what is going on inside.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II”