Dogfights?

Forever, Britain's most cherished Crown Jewel
new reply
bulldogg14c
Airman

Dogfights?

Post by bulldogg14c »

Now that we have a fighter in the air....would it be possible to set up mock dogfights between users after people have gotten comfortable with their airplane? Also whenever the accu-simm 109 comes out we could have alot of fun....Battle over Britian all over again maybe?? Not sure how we could tell who has been hit but chasing each other around in the sky pretending would still be fun I think!!

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Re: Dogfights?

Post by Killratio »

I've done a limited amount of that in the Tigershark. it is great fun.

Put the screenshot command on a firing button and go for it. You call your shots and claima kill. That fight then ends and you set up for another run. Later you analyse the screenshots and see who was wrong who was right.

great fun and I'm up for it. (As Ron will tell you, shortly).

Darryl
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

bulldogg14c
Airman

Post by bulldogg14c »

Awesome idea about the screen shot idea for a kill!...I fly combat missions sometimes on IL2 and I know flying spits in there is nowhere close to flying them here. Will def take ALOT more skill to dogfight with one of these.

killerwatt
BDG

Post by killerwatt »

bulldogg14c wrote:Awesome idea about the screen shot idea for a kill!...I fly combat missions sometimes on IL2 and I know flying spits in there is nowhere close to flying them here. Will def take ALOT more skill to dogfight with one of these.
Or we could wait for the TacPack SDK to be released :D
"He's talking about our mess bills - Sqn Ldr Brian Lane 19(F)Sqn RAF (Having heard Churchill's 'Never in the field' speech)"

Radeon HD 4870 Vapor-X 2GB, Asus P6T, Intel Core i7-920, 3GB DDR3 Memory 1600MHz Windows XP Home Edition.

Tigerclaw
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tigerclaw »

Dogfights? I can barely get from a to b without blowing an engine, or overheating. How on earth did fighter pilots dogfight in this plane :lol: I spend ALL my time trying to keep the RPM down so my oil doesn't cook, and any spare time keeping an eye on the Rad temps. I ain't got time to look for enemies, let alone line up for a shot :lol: :lol:

The real pilots have my utmost respect, Aces each and every one of them.
Tony (That's all your getting, like it or lump it)

MSFS i7-7700 Kaby Lake CPU @ 3.60 GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Cores (Liquid cooled) Gigabyte B250M-DS3H-CF M/Board 32 Gig DDR4 Ram Nvidia GTX 1080ti 11GB GDDR 5 Win 10 Home Acer Predator XB271HU.

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

This is what the other guy losing his job looks like!

Note that the first picture, although impressive was probably a low miss, nose up angle on him MAY have just got me home though.. Second one engine vibration may have given me some hits despite range.

Darryl
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Norforce
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Norforce »

Tell me about it lol
Ron
B-17 AIRFRAME 710 HRS PLUS AND CLIMBING
ImageImageImageImage

GIGABYTE X58A-UD5 MB, INTEL I7 950, 12GB DOMINATOR-GT DDR3 RAM, WIN7 64, GIGABYTE SUPER OVER CLOCK GTX 560 TI 1GB GGDDR5 1000Mz, CORSAIR 850W PS, NOCTUA NH-D14,
TRACKIR 5 & TrackClipPro

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II”