A Big THANKS to our beta team!

Forever, Britain's most cherished Crown Jewel
Scott - A2A
A2A General

A Big THANKS to our beta team!

Post by Scott - A2A »

With any large advances come teething problems. Our new independent simulation module was literally coded in it's own language outside FSX and it was no small task of wiring it all together. This time we started testing at pre-alpha when we were just getting initial confirmation that the core systems worked as intended. This entire beta team approaches testing with discipline and knowledge. In testing, nobody needs to be directed, everyone knows what they are doing.

I have to make mention to our newest member, Darryl "Killratio" Hackett. We are very lucky to have met Darryl with his knowledge and passion for the Spitfire. We threw a lot technical questions at him and he always came back with a well thought out and researched answer. Darryl is our resident Spitfire expert, just as Dudley is our resident P51 expert. This product would not be what it is without Darryl and this teams constant testing, breaking, reporting, etc. Yes, we are a lucky group to be surrounded with such talent.

Thanks to the whole beta team, and thanks to this community. We look forward to sharing stories of flying the Accu-Sim Spitfire (or should I say overheating that poor Merlin V-12), and having a great 2011.

- The A2A Simulations Development Group
A2A Simulations Inc.

JayKae
Airman

Re: A Big THANKS to our beta team!

Post by JayKae »

Hear hear, this Spitfire is the final word on awesomeness, thank you for all your time and effort, you are champions!

jarhead0863
Airman Basic

Post by jarhead0863 »

Scott,

This was my first A2A airplane that I have bought. After spending too much money on other payware add-ons and what not, one day I stumbled upon the A2A website. After reading numerous reviews and watching some very good videos of your products, I knew I had to experience what A2A and Accusim were all about. I am a big fan of old military planes, so the Spitfire was an instant shocker when I read in the forums that it was in development. The past month or so I've been following these forums anticipating the release like many other users and then today was the day. Like I said in another post, this was the fastest that I've ever whipped out my credit card for a purchase. But let me tell you, it was well worth the purchase. I thought I've seen some good modeling from other developed out there, but you guys don't even compare. That's how far ahead of everyone you guys are.

So, I wanted to personally thank all of the A2A team, and anyone else who made this dream come true for alot of us flight sim addics. I know where I'll be spending my entire weekend.

Thanks again!

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

Scott,

You are very, very welcome. 30 years of Spitfire research just meant that on this one, I could be of help.

I came to this project knowing that I was going to have to deal with "compromises" and that pretty soon "that pedant can't want another change, surely" was what was going to be floating around in the programmers' and testers' minds!!.

I was surprised and humbled that NOTHING could have been further from the truth. Every time new research was done, every time I asked for you guys to "trust me on this" before I could actually prove my case, there was no hesitation in doing so. I am well aware of how much extra work must have been created by the detailed systems suggestions, our (with Rob as well) LONG discussions re boost cut-out, u/c cycles, etc etc are testament to that.

BUT what you guys have created is a living breathing Spitfire..with ALL of its strengths and all of its weaknesses.

Everybody on the Beta Team has my unwaivering respect and admiration. We all have our different areas and we all fit together marvellously. Everybody pulled their weight and twice more.

It has been one of the most wonderful experiences I have had working with all of you.

So THANK YOU!

Darryl

And a special thanks to Dudley for the practical insight I needed sometimes to refine my "theories".
Last edited by Killratio on 27 Jan 2011, 23:05, edited 1 time in total.
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

I still say this is the one of the best, if not THE best beta groups in the FS community. The only downside is Lewis. He is quite naff.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Norforce
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Norforce »

Amen to that.
A very big thank you from us humble simmers and I know where I will be spending my weekend some how I dont think I will be welcome in the bedroom lol
Ron
B-17 AIRFRAME 710 HRS PLUS AND CLIMBING
ImageImageImageImage

GIGABYTE X58A-UD5 MB, INTEL I7 950, 12GB DOMINATOR-GT DDR3 RAM, WIN7 64, GIGABYTE SUPER OVER CLOCK GTX 560 TI 1GB GGDDR5 1000Mz, CORSAIR 850W PS, NOCTUA NH-D14,
TRACKIR 5 & TrackClipPro

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

CodyValkyrie wrote: The only downside is Lewis. He is quite naff.
:lol: :lol:
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

lawdawg
Senior Airman

Post by lawdawg »

A huge thank you to all who were involved in creating and testing this fine airplane.
This plane is simply AWESOME and is a testament to all of your skills/knowledge.
I am very humbled that I can benefit from that and enjoy the fruits of your labor.

As the song goes..."you're simply the best!"
Chad (PAEN)

Nyxx
Airman

Post by Nyxx »

Thank-you all for this stunning product, you should be very proud.

MTFDarkEagle
Technical Sergeant

Post by MTFDarkEagle »

To all of A2A Simulations: Thanks a lot for this amazing, wonderfull, awsome, fantastic, (sjeesh how many more can I come up with..) product!

Hopefully, too see you all in the sky!
Lukas
ImageImage

badaboom
Senior Airman

Post by badaboom »

Thanks to A2A beta team for your persistence in delivering the best possible Spitfire to FSX.
Job well Done!!!
Last edited by badaboom on 28 Jan 2011, 19:42, edited 1 time in total.
Patrick

Ramrod
Airman

Post by Ramrod »

Yes it's a superb piece of work by all who had a hand in developing this outstanding fighter aircraft.

Wonderful.

Cheers.

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

If I could I'd buy you guys a round. Even though I have yet to fly the bird (will do so this weekend) I know from past product experiences this will be amazing. So thank you guys for doing such a thorough job testing, and developing!
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

Rockitglider
Airman First Class

Post by Rockitglider »

Hello,

Thanks to all who were part of this amazing plane, I think you just made history with the extent of the systems and programing involved in this plane, Great Work!

Thanks, Rockitglider 8)
Image Image

Andysim
Senior Airman

Post by Andysim »

Thank you all at A2A you,ve made a wonderfull aircraft and a great addition to my hanger. The quality of this product is so high I can see you love what you are doing and it shows though in your aircraft.

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II”