Any way of using electric starter on MkII?

Forever, Britain's most cherished Crown Jewel
new reply
Ty89m
Airman

Any way of using electric starter on MkII?

Post by Ty89m »

Now I realize this is not historically accurate. But I LOVE the sound of the electric starter in the MkI. But would like to be able to use the Rotol constant speed prop AND have the option of using the electric starter from the MkI. Basically I would just like to know how hard it would be to have the option to switch. Not a huge deal by any means, but would be cool to have the option to use both the constant speed and electric starter. If there's an easy way to exchange those let me know! WONDERFUL job fellas! Just the start up of the Merlin V12 alone was worth the price. The BEST start-up I've heard in flight sim. Love it! Thanks again!

Ty

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Any way of using electric starter on MkII?

Post by Scott - A2A »

I am glad you like the startup. You do realize, that electric starter motor is torquing over the motor, and you are hearing and seeing that torque. Every start is different, not because of some randomization, but just due to the physics of it all.

The coffman starter is a very important part of the MkII and it changing this would really take away from it's personality I think.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

Scott,

I couldn't agree more. AND no-one else has one working properly!! :wink:
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

VulcanB2
Master Sergeant

Post by VulcanB2 »

I love the Coffman starter!! :D

* BOOM * Vrrrrrrrrmmmmmmm.......... :D :D :D

Best regards,
Robin.
A2A/AccuSim. 'nuff said!

Ty89m
Airman

Post by Ty89m »

I appreciate the input fellas, but it's the whine of the electric starter (much like the P-51) that I enjoy the most, just wishing I could either a.) use constant speed on MkI or b.) figure out some way to use electric starter on MkII (My preferred method) I'd also imagine any MkII's flying today could easily be modified to use an electric starter. Anyway, I do not disagree with you that it is a fun and historically accurate method to start using coffman. I guess I'm just looking to know if I myself could substitute starters in config files or if that's not near as easy as I'd hope? Either way, loving the Spit!!!

Ty

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II”