Problem with norton security suite erasing some files

Forever, Britain's most cherished Crown Jewel
new reply
sixgun
Senior Airman

Problem with norton security suite erasing some files

Post by sixgun »

Thanks for this fantastic aircraft. I can't believe it, all most wet myself !!!! For some reason Norton security is erasing a file or some files for my spitfire when it does a clean up or scan. I have your b377 and the p47 no problem. When the spitfire is selected after the norton clean up the aircraft appears as solid brown or green and fsx crashes. I reloaded the spitfire twice trying to figure out what was going on.

Norforce
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Problem with norton security suite erasing some files

Post by Norforce »

Thats Norton security for you :-(
One of the worst programs you could have on a PC even if I was given a free licence and a 5 year free sub I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole
Sorry to hear you are having problems m8

Ron
Ron
B-17 AIRFRAME 710 HRS PLUS AND CLIMBING
ImageImageImageImage

GIGABYTE X58A-UD5 MB, INTEL I7 950, 12GB DOMINATOR-GT DDR3 RAM, WIN7 64, GIGABYTE SUPER OVER CLOCK GTX 560 TI 1GB GGDDR5 1000Mz, CORSAIR 850W PS, NOCTUA NH-D14,
TRACKIR 5 & TrackClipPro

sixgun
Senior Airman

Post by sixgun »

Tried it again without cleanup of files. For some reason after initial installation and FSX is started again the second time it brings the spitfire up solid OD green and I hear the hard drive going but in a short period it shows an error and has to close. I don't know if it's norton or not. I downloaded my installation files to My Documentsand installed them to FSX from there

killerwatt
BDG

Post by killerwatt »

sixgun wrote:Tried it again without cleanup of files. For some reason after initial installation and FSX is started again the second time it brings the spitfire up solid OD green and I hear the hard drive going but in a short period it shows an error and has to close. I don't know if it's norton or not. I downloaded my installation files to My Documentsand installed them to FSX from there
I dont think your problem is Norton Security. Have a look at this thread and try the file posted on the third post on page 2 http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 78&t=23609
I hope that helps.
"He's talking about our mess bills - Sqn Ldr Brian Lane 19(F)Sqn RAF (Having heard Churchill's 'Never in the field' speech)"

Radeon HD 4870 Vapor-X 2GB, Asus P6T, Intel Core i7-920, 3GB DDR3 Memory 1600MHz Windows XP Home Edition.

sixgun
Senior Airman

Post by sixgun »

Thanks KILLERWATT for the info. Downloaded the A2A_WOP3_Spitfire_DXT_Bumps http://www.a2asimulations.com/wingsofpo ... _Bumps.zip and it fixed my problem. Not only is this Spitfire Sim beyond words to describe, you guys are fantastic. I feel like a kid again being able to sit at this simulation and say wow and shake my head. I have been blown away by these aircraft. I thought the B17 was awesome but his spitfire takes the cake. Thanks again for these products. January is my birth month and what a present I got, Spitfire, P47, and the B17. I had already flown the wings off of the B377, it might have to stay in the hanger till I fly the Spitfire.
Last edited by sixgun on 29 Jan 2011, 19:34, edited 1 time in total.

fu_manchu_72
Airman

Post by fu_manchu_72 »

I am having the same issue. I can install the A2A Spitfire, and Accu-Sim, fly it upon installation, but after I end the flight, it will not work. When I try to fly it the second time, it crashes to an olive drab color screen and usually restarts FSX successfully. Very disappointed but I am sure there is a fix out there somewhere. I am not sure how to test to see if Norton is the culprit but it would not surprise me if it was Norton. Funny, all my other A2A airplanes work; I have all the planes that have accu-sim. Any other suggestions would be helpful. I have only been able to fly the A2A Spitfire twice since I bought it; from what little stick time I have, it is definitely a leap forward. Congratulations gents at A2A!! Even though I am currently having a hard time getting it to work, I am very pleased to be flying another great release from A2A.

Cheers, almost.

P.S.
If you guys at A2A are reading this I hope one day you can use your modularizing technology to drop an accu sim R-2800 into an updated F4U Corsair.

fu_manchu_72

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Have you tried the fix that was mentioned above that got the other chap sorted?

What are you system specs?
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

fu_manchu_72
Airman

Post by fu_manchu_72 »

Thanks Gentlemen, That different textures file did the trick.

Cheers,

fu_manchu_72

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

ahh good times.

I hope you enjoy flying the old girl :D
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

fu_manchu_72
Airman

Post by fu_manchu_72 »

Good Times indeed!! The Spitfire is definitely a wonder. I have already noticed I tend to keep my hands on the throttle, and manage the propeller a lot more, the realism is that effective. It is very easy to land, much easier than the Thunderbolt. One thing I noticed above all others is the sound, excellent job. Makes you feel like you are really there. Well, now the wait starts for the next release…By then I am sure I will have a lot of time in the Spitfire. Thanks for the assistance.

Cheers,

fu_manchu_72

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II”