Welcome new pilots

Forever, Britain's most cherished Crown Jewel
Rockitglider
Airman First Class

Re: Welcome new pilots

Post by Rockitglider »

Hello again,

Well I learned to fly the Spit somewhat after having to replace a propeller, 2 crankshafts, and ohh yeah, the 2 ring jobs I had to do :) Now all I have to do is figure out how to keep it from overheating after landing, there is a lot to do to fly this plane and I need to get into a routine for everything, I printed out some of the manual today so I can reference it quicker without having to open it with FSX. This plane like the Cub I bought too is very entertaining to say the least. Very fun and informative to fly and it's a very smooth flyer too. I love it! Good job A2A, I thought I would rather have the P51, but after buying this plane I think I like it better than the P51 :shock: Did I just say that outloud? :)

Have Fun, Rockitglider 8)
Image Image

Zorg12
Senior Airman

Post by Zorg12 »

Hi A2A and fellow simmers, I have been looking forward to your next release and today I bought the Spitfire. After reading a parts of the two very good manuals I went for my first flight. I've never had any particular interest in the Spit but that has already changed. :)

Holy cow, this plane is amazing! I have the other Accusim planes as well but this one seems to be even higher fidelity and it really feels like sitting in a Spitfire. I was blown away by all the sounds from the aircraft, engine and the sound of the wind.

I like that the engine is so fragile and feels so alive. After I first started it up I had the rpm too low and the engine started coughing wildly with smoke and eventually it sounded like I had drowned it. I couldn't get it to run smoothly again and I shut it down. I couldn't revive it and the starter drained the battery (I think). I had to have the mechanic clear the spark plugs and reconnect the trolley before I could get it restarted.

After I made my taxi to the runway I had to shut down again and cool off (is the white smoke steam when you overheat?). I used the trolley again to restart. There was a Learjet waiting impatiently behind me :)

I took off and flew around Tamworth airport at 8000 feet and I tested how the rpm went up when I got into a dive (I was in a MKIa with the 2 blade wood prop). After flying around for a while and doing a cuban 8 I started my approach to land and managed to settle the Spit down. I think I blew a tire. :)

I must say it's a very elegant aircraft, it flies and turns very smooth. The flight model is top notch, I was especially impressed with the taxi handling and when I was on final with flaps and gear down, it felt very realistic.

This first flight was very enjoyable and one of the best I've had in FSX. Thank you A2A :D

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

Congrats on your new Spitfire mate!!

Glad you like her and your comments are exactly what the guys here love to hear...after so much work getting her "just right" (and listening to crusty old pedants prattle on about how she should boil over faster :wink: ) it is pleasing to have her appreciated and "loved" so quickly.

Darryl
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Scottyboy39
Staff Sergeant

Post by Scottyboy39 »

I just purchased this (Had to create a new account lost all my old info) and man.........I'm floored. One hell of a job fellas. Worth every dollar.
Scott "Shylock" Berge
http://www.fsxblueangels.com/

NZEddy
Airman Basic

Post by NZEddy »

Just purchased this at the FlightSimStore. 18 minutes to go then Im going to install it! Woooooooohoooooooooooooooo! Thankyou very much! :D

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II”