Spitfire K9817 Build

Forever, Britain's most cherished Crown Jewel
Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Re: Accusim & the single Spitfire...Simulator details and pi

Post by Killratio »

Thanks mate,

yes I have seen pics of both aircraft, but always great to get new pictures of Spitfires

cheers

darryl
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief

Post by Killratio »

My F-16

For Ron,

<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

VulcanB2
Master Sergeant

Post by VulcanB2 »

Where the heck did you find that?!!!!

FedEx it to me immediately!!!!!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Best regards,
Robin.
A2A/AccuSim. 'nuff said!

Norforce
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Norforce »

Well I think I will have to check flight times with Qantas I'm coming :-)
Ron
B-17 AIRFRAME 710 HRS PLUS AND CLIMBING
ImageImageImageImage

GIGABYTE X58A-UD5 MB, INTEL I7 950, 12GB DOMINATOR-GT DDR3 RAM, WIN7 64, GIGABYTE SUPER OVER CLOCK GTX 560 TI 1GB GGDDR5 1000Mz, CORSAIR 850W PS, NOCTUA NH-D14,
TRACKIR 5 & TrackClipPro

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief

Post by Killratio »

Cheers Guys,

I "found" it progressively since about May 2005. After 3 1/2 years it got to the stage you see..then I got sidetracked on the Spit. The idea was to get the Spit flying so that i could have something to do whilst finishing the Falcon.

Now the Spitfire is nearing completion I am almost ready to go back to the F-16 full time. So much is now possible that wasn't when I first built her..... working MFD's, etc.

Darryl

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief

Post by Killratio »

A few more goodies:

pjc747
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pjc747 »

Killratio wrote:A few more goodies:

Very neat, but isn't it a little underkill?

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

pjc747 wrote:
You might consider removing the photo links before replying to posts,
particularly right below the original. Saves everyone else time when
the thread loads.

Paul

JoeS475
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JoeS475 »

Gypsy Baron wrote:
pjc747 wrote:
You might consider removing the photo links before replying to posts,
particularly right below the original. Saves everyone else time when
the thread loads.

Paul
+1

And Darryl, I just read this thread- You sir, have created two masterpieces!!! May I ask, if the Spitfire and Viper were both completed today, what would be next?

Joe

Somethingfake
Senior Airman

Post by Somethingfake »

a B-17 cockpit perhaps?
Image Image Image

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief

Post by Killratio »

JoeS475 wrote:And Darryl, I just read this thread- You sir, have created two masterpieces!!! May I ask, if the Spitfire and Viper were both completed today, what would be next?

Joe

Thanks Joe!

One of the problems is deciding...the obvious answer would be "a divorce" :wink:

The B-17 would have to be high on the list but I tend to get a headache just thinking about more than two engines...Lancaster would be the other 4 that I would consider..BUT..let's face it, it has to be accu-sim or at least a bit like it.

A Catalina, I'd also consider, I have the one from "the other crowd" but haven't flown it much yet.

Looking at "friendliness" to other types, the Spit allows me to fly the Tigermoth, Harvard, Cub, Extra, Pitts Special, Decathlon, for example, without too many changes or having to use the, mouse. It is less compatible with modern GA's, mostly because of the interlink mechanism between Throttle and mixture....at any less than 1/2 throttle, you can't lean the mixture in the Spitifre, so even though the lever IS linked to a pot not a switch, it doesn't easily lend itself to cruising in a modern.

I am currently designing a throttle, mixture, pitch, switches bank and nav instrument stand which can slip in next to the Spitfire cockpit, and with at least six levers available (via two saitek throttle units) and that would make it posible to fly the Catalina or other twins..I may even put a second set of engine instruments on it...but cost is getting out of control, then.

When the cockpits are complete, I would also like to chanel a good slab of funds back into the Extra 300 and build some more hardcore aero's hours IRL.

Darryl

JoeS475
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JoeS475 »

The Catalina is a great choice! But from what you mentioned I'd go with a Harvard/SNJ/T-6 based on historical value, plus relatively large numbers of the type (parts) available today. Plus, if you do it, there is a good chance that A2A is making me one too! :lol:

Of course you could go simple... I flew the Wright XI (I thnk) simulator at the USAF museum in Ohio (or the new Udvar Hazy addition to the Smithsonian, I visited both in a couple of days, the memory is blurred). It was counterintuitive and honestly, a b*tch to fly. But rewarding when the instructor said I did better than most people!

Joe

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief

Post by Killratio »

Sounds fun..kind of like driving a Model T Ford..all lever etc ather than conventional foot controls.

fido
Senior Airman

Post by fido »

For sometime now I have admired Killratio for his knowledge, wisdom, and of course his Spitfire cockpit. Moody Blue is a real treat to look at, and then there is his F-16 pit, but at the same time I inwardly thought that he must be a bit mad for spending so much on this hobby. Well, I started to consider just how much I have spent on 9 A2A aircraft, all of the Accu-Sim add-ons, the Heavy bomber and Jets package, 3D Lights, a huge number of scenery and third party aircraft add-ons, paint programs, file conversion programs, and last but not least of all, the computer upgrades to try and get the most out of what little I had. Sorry Darryl, I guess we are all just plane nuts in our own way. (just couldn't help myself.)
FIDO
Image Image
For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards...
Leonardo da Vinci

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

fido wrote:For sometime now I have admired Killratio for his knowledge, wisdom, and of course his Spitfire cockpit. Moody Blue is a real treat to look at, and then there is his F-16 pit, but at the same time I inwardly thought that he must be a bit mad for spending so much on this hobby. Well, I started to consider just how much I have spent on 9 A2A aircraft, all of the Accu-Sim add-ons, the Heavy bomber and Jets package, 3D Lights, a huge number of scenery and third party aircraft add-ons, paint programs, file conversion programs, and last but not least of all, the computer upgrades to try and get the most out of what little I had. Sorry Darryl, I guess we are all just plane nuts in our own way. (just couldn't help myself.)
FIDO
One day recently my lovely bride of 50 years was chiding me on how much I have spent on computers to house flight simulator in it's various versions since I discovered I liked the program and decided to "invest a bit" in order to enjoy it.
Well, adding up all the hardware I've purchased from the beginning I came up with a total of $20K plus a few bucks here and there....................to run a program given to me at no cost by Microsoft.

Needless to say I've managed to keep this information more or less to myself. " It's been a few bucks honey....no big
deal really. You DO look nice in that dress dear. Have you lost weight?"

Dudley Henriques

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II”