Spitfire K9817 Build

Forever, Britain's most cherished Crown Jewel
Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Re: Accusim & the single Spitfire...Simulator details and pi

Post by Killratio »

Ok, a while since I had anything concrete to show (and I have actually been doing a bit on the F-16 again in between) But here is the latest:

Vent Control added under starboard coaming, Oxygen Stopc ock added, (also added a "Cockpit Heat" control which actually controls oxygen flow height) and an undercarriage warning horn cancell switch...all functional. The wires for these are all hidden in the pipework so everything mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic or cabled appears to work like that and not by electrical toggles, pots, encoders or limit switches as they actually do.

Relasered some gauges (notably the AH) , added all the pipework (mostly from aluminium but some polyethelene and some brass), added proper gun button (thanks again Tony!!) all to tighten up on the details...

Added a couple of PRU specific items (mudflap release on starboard , Amp and OAT gauges next Landing Lamp Control)

And also some general tidy up work, fuse boxes and the start of the Mk V modifications..(fuel pump switch, Oil Dilution Pushbutton and guard)

I have a ground/air switch here but I am still trying to confirm whether they were actually on the Mk V originally or have been added to the modern restorations.

Anyway, enjoy...

<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Killratio wrote:Ok, a while since I had anything concrete to show (and I have actually been doing a bit on the F-16 again in between) But here is the latest:

Vent Control added under starboard coaming, Oxygen Stopc ock added, (also added a "Cockpit Heat" control which actually controls oxygen flow height) and an undercarriage warning horn cancell switch...all functional. The wires for these are all hidden in the pipework so everything mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic or cabled appears to work like that and not by electrical toggles, pots, encoders or limit switches as they actually do.

Relasered some gauges (notably the AH) , added all the pipework (mostly from aluminium but some polyethelene and some brass), added proper gun button (thanks again Tony!!) all to tighten up on the details...

Added a couple of PRU specific items (mudflap release on starboard , Amp and OAT gauges next Landing Lamp Control)

And also some general tidy up work, fuse boxes and the start of the Mk V modifications..(fuel pump switch, Oil Dilution Pushbutton and guard)

I have a ground/air switch here but I am still trying to confirm whether they were actually on the Mk V originally or have been added to the modern restorations.
Absolutely stunning good work Daryl!!! Even Supermarine would be happy with what you've done with this project.
Dudley

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief

Post by Killratio »

Thanks Dudley, keeps me occupied while waiting for the next Accusim update... :wink:

Darryl
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief

Post by Killratio »

And the result of some hardcore fossicking and horse trading (a pair of Mk IVb's on the way to match the Mk IV's too! )

A Sefton Type B helmet and Type D mask also in transit.

Kilstorm
Technical Sergeant

Post by Kilstorm »

Mind boggling. Congrats on such a fine simpit!!
i9-13900K O/C | ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | 32GB DDR5 6000MHz Kingston FURY | RTX 4090 24GB | 2x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 990 PRO) 1x SSD (4TB Samsung 870 EVO) | Windows 11 Home | H20: HydroLux PRO:HardLine Tubing| 1000w PSU

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief

Post by Killratio »

Thank you Sir!!

The Spit is terrific fun to fly but very challenging and tiring to navigate over my 2 hour "Photo Recon" missions. Between watching the engine temps like a hawk, remembering the oxygen cabin height adjustments, syncing the gyro and the compass, checking behind to make sure I haven't drifted into the condensation level, folding and unfolding maps in an incredibly small space, sitting on an unyielding parachute and having to roll 90 degrees (and upset the compass) just to see the ground (past the nose and those huge wings) and get a positive VFR nav fix from 20,000ft,.... THEN you can relax enough to "just" scan the sky continually for the guys who are trying to kill you.

At least the last is not a worry in FSX but I try to maintain a scan for sake of "realism" .

Th!rdeye
Airman

Post by Th!rdeye »

Killratio wrote:Thank you Sir!!

The Spit is terrific fun to fly but very challenging and tiring to navigate over my 2 hour "Photo Recon" missions. Between watching the engine temps like a hawk, remembering the oxygen cabin height adjustments, syncing the gyro and the compass, checking behind to make sure I haven't drifted into the condensation level, folding and unfolding maps in an incredibly small space, sitting on an unyielding parachute and having to roll 90 degrees (and upset the compass) just to see the ground (past the nose and those huge wings) and get a positive VFR nav fix from 20,000ft,.... THEN you can relax enough to "just" scan the sky continually for the guys who are trying to kill you.

At least the last is not a worry in FSX but I try to maintain a scan for sake of "realism" .
That sounds amazing.

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief

Post by Killratio »

Thanks Mate,

yes, it is. Almost like being there!

D

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

totally amazing, brilliant, mega uber awesomeness of the highest order of ace :mrgreen:
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief

Post by Killratio »

auh shooks :oops:

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

shame you live in oz and not blighty, otherwise i'd be blagging a go in it :lol:
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief

Post by Killratio »

Lewis - A2A wrote:shame you live in oz and not blighty, otherwise i'd be blagging a go in it :lol:

One Power Ball??

Norforce
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Norforce »

I may be on my way m8
Ron
B-17 AIRFRAME 710 HRS PLUS AND CLIMBING
ImageImageImageImage

GIGABYTE X58A-UD5 MB, INTEL I7 950, 12GB DOMINATOR-GT DDR3 RAM, WIN7 64, GIGABYTE SUPER OVER CLOCK GTX 560 TI 1GB GGDDR5 1000Mz, CORSAIR 850W PS, NOCTUA NH-D14,
TRACKIR 5 & TrackClipPro

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief

Post by Killratio »

Door open, fridge stocked....

Millsa1
Airman First Class

Post by Millsa1 »

Hey Darryl i know you probably got a million spitfire pic's including this spit on record but ill upload them anyways.
Took them when i was over at Temora.

Image Image
Image Image

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II”