A refreshed look at the Spitfire?

Forever, Britain's most cherished Crown Jewel
new reply
Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Anybody else just kind of gloss over this statement in the development update by Scott?
Quote:
I was speaking with my friend Tom LeCompte about the V-tail instability and his response was "oh yea, when we fly formation you can see the v-tails just moving all over the place." My first response when I grabbed the controls of the v-tail was "omg, this thing feels like that Spitfire I flew in England a few months back."
:shock:

In the excitement of the moment I missed it completely! I think the Spitfire for P3Dv4 is much more than an update into a new platform and may be more of a re-working of systems and physics!

Dreamsofwings
A2A Mechanic

Re: A refreshed look at the Spitfire?

Post by Dreamsofwings »

Jacques wrote:Anybody else just kind of gloss over this statement in the development update by Scott?
Quote:
I was speaking with my friend Tom LeCompte about the V-tail instability and his response was "oh yea, when we fly formation you can see the v-tails just moving all over the place." My first response when I grabbed the controls of the v-tail was "omg, this thing feels like that Spitfire I flew in England a few months back."
:shock:

In the excitement of the moment I missed it completely! I think the Spitfire for P3Dv4 is much more than an update into a new platform and may be more of a re-working of systems and physics!
This would be fantastic. I would love to see a later variant but to be honest right now I miss the old girl so much since switching to P3Dv4 and casting FSX to history that I would settle for the update of the original.
A daily sim world catch up priority for me is checking for news on a new Spit. Would be good if you are right though and we had a brand new aircraft to get to grips with.
<praying to the A2A gods>

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dreamsofwings youtube channel https://m.youtube.com/c/Dreamsofwings
@dreamsofwings1 page on Facebook. Dreamsofwings1 on Instagram & Twitter

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

As I've said before, I think people will like the P3D version of the Spitfire I and II.
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Killratio is banned for 'Fake News'.

Oops. Wrong thread.

:P

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief

Post by Killratio »

bladerunner900 wrote:Killratio is banned for 'Fake News'.

Oops. Wrong thread.

:P

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Dreamsofwings
A2A Mechanic

Post by Dreamsofwings »

In years to come we aviators of the virtual skies will look back upon these dark barren days pre P3D Spitfire and laugh with tears of unbounded joy in our virtual goggled eyes as we soar aloft amidst the blue heavens in our machines fragrant with oil and fuel.

Ok its getting to me now.

Dreamsofwings youtube channel https://m.youtube.com/c/Dreamsofwings
@dreamsofwings1 page on Facebook. Dreamsofwings1 on Instagram & Twitter

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

robkr1208 wrote:In years to come we aviators of the virtual skies will look back upon these dark barren days pre P3D Spitfire and laugh with tears of unbounded joy in our virtual goggled eyes as we soar aloft amidst the blue heavens in our machines fragrant with oil and fuel.

Ok its getting to me now.

So you think there will be an Accu-Smell module by then, do you??? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Accu-smell is just an old WW2 era leather flight helmet away!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h2piwmj093sxh ... 2.JPG?dl=0

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief

Post by Killratio »

I actually do fly Moody Blue with a Type B helmet and Type D mask fully wired with phones. The sensation of smell, feel and sound with chrome leather and old electrics is wonderful. In addition I keep a well worn and old machine shop oily rag in the sim under the seat!

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

My WW2 era Slote and Klein A-11 leather flying helmet does wonders for intensifying the immersion! ;)

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief

Post by Killratio »

:wink:
Jacques wrote:My WW2 era Slote and Klein A-11 leather flying helmet does wonders for intensifying the immersion! ;
:wink:

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

They can bury me with my boxed FSX. I'm never moving. No one ever touches my Spitfire :)
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II”