Few questions

Intelligent, elegant, and dressed to kill
new reply
300Blackout-A2A
A2A Major

Few questions

Post by 300Blackout-A2A »

I've had this plane about a week now, and I'm really enjoying it. I love the German duel-engine fighters, especially the night fliers.

I'm still getting to know the plane, and have a few questions that hopefully some of you can help me out with. I'm still pretty new to FSX, so hopefully I'm not missing something obvious. :)

1) First off, fuel pressure and the fuel pumps. It says in the start-up sequence to watch for the fuel pressure to rise after turning on the fuel pumps, but no matter what I try the fuel pressure never rises until the engine starts turning. Also, I never hear any noise or see any other indication that the pumps are working. Is there a step I'm missing?

2) Another question about the fuel pumps. The take-off sequence talks about turning on the booster pumps before take-off and put them back to 'normal position' after you're in the air. I assume the booster pumps are the second set up pump switches, and that 'normal position' means to turn them off again? Is that correct?

3) One more question about the fuel system. What is the difference between the 'cut-off' and 'injection' position on the fuel selector? Both seem to cut off the fuel supply. Even if there is no "in-game" difference between the two, what was the historical difference?

4) The heading indicator. What determines the direction the little plane is pointing? It doesn't seem as though you can move it directly yourself, and I've tried messing around with the GPS and NAV systems; but besides wavering a few degrees, it always points the same direction.

I probably had some other questions as well, but those are the ones I can remember right now. :)

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me!

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Re: Few questions

Post by ROB - A2A »

1. FSX doesn't support the fuel pump system of the He219 for there are two engines and four fuel pumps - first pair works with the forward fuel tank and left and right engine, second pair work with the combined middle and rear tank and left and right engine. We recreate this situation as far the visuals goes. Please, use the pair depending on the fuel selector setting. Sorry, there will be no fuel pressure on the indicator.

2. Booster and fuel pumps mean the same. One can use those names instead of each other. The second set of the fuel pump switches are exaplained above. Turn them off after take-off.

3. This is good question. I have my personal theory, maybe this is somthing related to the primming.

4. That little aircraft arrow works with the VOR station tuned in by the NAV radio.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

300Blackout-A2A
A2A Major

Thanks for answering! :)

One quick follow up... So the fuel pump buttons don't actually do anything at all; or do they do something, but it just doesn't show up on the gauges?

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

The fuel pumps in FS do nothing (except for increasing the fuel pressure without a purpose). There are no good nor bad consequences when you turn them on or off. He219 fuel pumps are not different, they do nothing and due to the unique setup, they don't increase the fuel pressure.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

300Blackout-A2A
A2A Major

Ah, I see! Thanks for clearing that up for me! :)

new reply

Return to “Heinkel He-219 "Uhu"”