The A2A Simulations Community

"Come share your passion for flight"
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:26 am 
Offline
Airman First Class

Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:44 pm
Posts: 90
Location: Germany
Hi,

first the good things =)

I really like the exterior model and the performance - no problems whatsoever.

I do have a few gripes however:

- the right propeller uses a different "texture", it is flat when you look from the side, the left one is 3D

- please add a repaint that resembles what a still flying 219 might look like (like the chrome ones of US fighters)
=> please WITHOUT SWASTIKAS!! (right now I can only fly the czech one, because I definately don't fly a swastika around!!)

- please add a way to tune the radios and use the OBS without the popup, I really HATE POPUPS! =P


Thanks for this nice plane!

Stefan

_________________
Image
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:04 am 
Offline
Senior Airman

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:25 am
Posts: 106
First off, concerning swastikas, A2A is all about authenticity. And since you are flying a WWII German aircraft made by A2A, you should've known from the start that there was to be swastikas painted on it.

For the chromed textures, you'll have to wait for the paintkit to be released.

Secondly, for the "modernized cockpit", I don't think that A2A will release one. As I mentionned earlier, it's all about authenticity.

And lastly, you're right about the exterior model, it' S-W-E-E-T!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:27 am 
Offline
Airman First Class

Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:44 pm
Posts: 90
Location: Germany
Royale_Adio wrote:
First off, concerning swastikas, A2A is all about authenticity. And since you are flying a WWII German aircraft made by A2A, you should've known from the start that there was to be swastikas painted on it.

For the chromed textures, you'll have to wait for the paintkit to be released.

Secondly, for the "modernized cockpit", I don't think that A2A will release one. As I mentionned earlier, it's all about authenticity.

And lastly, you're right about the exterior model, it' S-W-E-E-T!


@swastikas: I know, I wasn't complaining, I was just asking for them to include another repaint without them as some (like me) like the plane, but don't want to fly around representing Nazi Germany (and I am German, so I can talk about it =P )

@modernized cockpit: not what I meant, let me explain:

=> I like popups if you use them for setting up your plane before flight - like you do with the "normal" A2A planes. But if the only way to use the ILS-indicator is to use a popup that is definately too modern!

1. What I meant is that one could setup a small display (vintage style) that shows the current NAV frequency/com frequency and 5 knobs (Nav Mhz, Nav Khz, OBS, Com Mhz, Com Khz) in some unused corner of the cockpit. I think this would far better integrate than the popup does right now and it would in conjunction with the following addition allow one to completely operate the plane from the VC without any popups.

2. add two additional switches next to the "autopilot master" for "wings level" and "current ALT hold". This would really make the popups obsolete.


Sorry for being unclear the first time, I hope you get what I'm going for.

I think these changes are not too difficult, so maybe AF could make them with the next update, I'd surely appreciate it.


Stefan


edit: spelling for the pitot tube gauge is wrong, this is called "Staurohr" (it says "Stauohr" in the game)

_________________
Image
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:41 am 
Offline
Senior Airman
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:28 am
Posts: 189
Location: Poland
About swastikas - it must be as it was. It isnt here swastika as "political symbol", here is "historical painting/skins".
So it is two different subjects. Do not confuse it.

_________________
http://yoyosims.pl/
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:01 am 
Offline
Airman First Class

Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:44 pm
Posts: 90
Location: Germany
YoYo wrote:
About swastikas - it must be as it was. It isnt here swastika as "political symbol", here is "historical painting/skins".
So it is two different subjects. Do not confuse it.


READ/UNDERSTAND WHAT I WRITE BEFORE YOU ANSWER!!!!


I'm not saying you should remove them.

I'm asking to please provide more alternative repaints without them. I'm sure that others will do just that when the paintkit comes out, but it doesn't do any harm to ask the developers directly!!

And about historical/political: I as a German feel the obligation to not for any reason use these symbols! Be it in a game or on a model! Everybody can decide for themselves that's why I'm NOT saying remove them completely, but rather add some additional "normal" ones...

I like the plane because I feel it represents the German engineers and genius of the ime, they just built it at for the wrong people. That's why I'd like to have a few more repaints without those damn swastikas!

READ/UNDERSTAND WHAT I WRITE BEFORE YOU ANSWER!!!!



Stefan

P.S.:
AN alternative would be to provide a set of textures for the stock repaints WITHOUT swastikas. I like the version with the drop tank for example, and if those swastikas are removed, I'd use it gladly. This way everyone can decide on their one.

_________________
Image
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:26 am 
Offline
Master Sergeant

Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:53 pm
Posts: 1463
Location: Hoeilaart, Belgium
shouldn't be too difficult to remove the swastikas, I'll do one for you if A2A won't. Which texture would you prefer (send me a pm)?

_________________
Image

FS painter at the Hangar.
you'll find all my repaints here.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:14 pm 
Offline
Airman First Class

Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:44 pm
Posts: 90
Location: Germany
jcblom wrote:
shouldn't be too difficult to remove the swastikas, I'll do one for you if A2A won't. Which texture would you prefer (send me a pm)?


You've got mail =)

Thanks

_________________
Image
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:40 pm 
Offline
Master Sergeant

Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:53 pm
Posts: 1463
Location: Hoeilaart, Belgium
There may be other people that want it, so I'll post the link here.
Here is the texture file for the black bottomed UHU without the swastika's. I didn't test it, but it should be right. If not, please tell me so, OK?
Link is good till 27 november. Make a back-up of the original file first, and then overwrite the texturefile with the one in this zip.

JanKees

_________________
Image

FS painter at the Hangar.
you'll find all my repaints here.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:15 pm 
Offline
Airman

Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:50 am
Posts: 30
jcblom wrote:
There may be other people that want it.......


Me included; thanks for the mod.....

Tommy

_________________
Tommy Mitomi


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:21 pm 
Offline
A2A Lieutenant Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:22 pm
Posts: 26271
Location: Beccles, Suffolk, UK
hey guys sorry for delay, official stuff should be out soonish, inc paint kit.

_________________
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
My twitter for my own twitter and random A2A insights
My Twitch for my own twitch live streaming


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:33 pm 
Offline
Airman First Class

Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:44 pm
Posts: 90
Location: Germany
jcblom wrote:
There may be other people that want it, so I'll post the link here.
Here is the texture file for the black bottomed UHU without the swastika's. I didn't test it, but it should be right. If not, please tell me so, OK?
Link is good till 27 november. Make a back-up of the original file first, and then overwrite the texturefile with the one in this zip.

JanKees


Thanks a lot!!!

Looks just great that way =)


Stefan

_________________
Image
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:38 pm 
Offline
Senior Airman

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:25 am
Posts: 106
Lewis - A2A wrote:
hey guys sorry for delay, official stuff should be out soonish, inc paint kit.


Can we expect something like days? :mrgreen:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:40 pm 
Offline
A2A General
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:55 pm
Posts: 14756
Location: USA
Royale_Adio,

Yes, paint kit should be days, as we're just cleaning it up atm. Should not be long.

Scott.

_________________
A2A Simulations Inc.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:24 pm 
Offline
VIP Partner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:27 am
Posts: 4364
Sayuuk wrote:
- the right propeller uses a different "texture", it is flat when you look from the side, the left one is 3D

Anyone else confirm this?

EDIT: I just checked all models. None of mine exhibit this issue. Anyone else see this? Can you take a screenshot?

_________________
ImageImage
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:40 pm 
Offline
Airman First Class

Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:44 pm
Posts: 90
Location: Germany
CodyValkyrie wrote:
Sayuuk wrote:
- the right propeller uses a different "texture", it is flat when you look from the side, the left one is 3D

Anyone else confirm this?

EDIT: I just checked all models. None of mine exhibit this issue. Anyone else see this? Can you take a screenshot?


I took this was earlier today:

Image

edit: to clarify: this always looks like that, it wasn't just once. And no matter where I position the camera, it stays like this.

_________________
Image
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group