The A2A Simulations Community

"Come share your passion for flight"
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:25 am 
A2A General

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:51 am 
Airman

Just thought I'd post my own He-219 screens from flying with my VAF. Thank you very much A2A/Aircraft Factory for a wonderful Luftwaffe aircraft!!!!!

Moon on the rise.....

Sunset/Night flight over the Med..........

Some of my added Radar Panels for my "Uhu".....(very easy to add to the AF He-219)....the ARS4 Radar tracks AI Ships and Aircraft......geneious!! (The blue squares are AI Ships traveling through the Straight of Gibralter)

Last edited by RadarRyder on Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:25 am 
Master Sergeant

Nice radar setup. Can you post links to the units you've added? I've been able to locate the ARS4 but am having trouble making out what the others are. Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:02 am 
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Hehehe, perfect use of the radar gauges in a suitable aircraft 8)

thanks
Lewis

My Twitch for my own twitch live streaming

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:39 pm 
Airman

Lewis - A2A wrote:
Hehehe, perfect use of the radar gauges in a suitable aircraft 8)
thanks
Lewis

Alan_A wrote:
Nice radar setup. Can you post links to the units you've added? I've been able to locate the ARS4 but am having trouble making out what the others are. Thanks in advance!

Thank you sirs!!..........and again Lewis.....my many thanks and smiles to such an awsome Luftwaffe aircraft!!!!

Alan.....the Raytheon Radar is from Avsim. I basically use it as a terrain Radar......dark colors=low elevations, light colors=higher elevations etc. The Raytheon Radar will dispay AI aircraft as well but not AI ships. The Raytheon will also display airport, vectors, intersections etc......the Radar in the middle is a payware radar, and as of right now the vendor escapes me. There are numerous radar packages on the Avsim site. Just search "radar" in their library. The search will produce about 10 pages. Page 8 has the most of them........Cheers!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=Raytheon+ANR75+Multi+Function+Radar+Display&CatID=root&Go=Search

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:31 pm 
Airman

Alan_A wrote:

Alan,
This one looks new....posted on Avsim last year. From reading the PDF manual this Radar gauge looks pretty BADA*S!!!! It incorporates several funtions in one gauge. The only drawback I see to it, is that it doesn't track AI Ships. So...maybe use this one to track AI aircraft, and use the ARS4 to track AI Ships. Anyway its from the guys over at Coosbay!!!!

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=CB+5000+NAVRAD+Navigational+RADAR+and+Multi-Function+Display+ver+1.5&CatID=root&Go=Search

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:39 pm 
Master Sergeant

Thanks for the links, RadarRyder... and apologies for sloppy searching on my part. I ran a Google search but didn't search the libraries, and should have.

I'll check out all of these. My added complication is that I'm running the Uhu mainly in P3D 2.1, so I'll have to see which of these are workable there. I'm often on the cusp of going back to FSX, so if that's the only option for the radars, the door is still open.

Looking forward to getting the Uhu properly equipped. Again, many thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:32 am 
Airman

Alan_A wrote:
Thanks for the links, RadarRyder... and apologies for sloppy searching on my part. I ran a Google search but didn't search the libraries, and should have.

I'll check out all of these. My added complication is that I'm running the Uhu mainly in P3D 2.1, so I'll have to see which of these are workable there. I'm often on the cusp of going back to FSX, so if that's the only option for the radars, the door is still open.

Looking forward to getting the Uhu properly equipped. Again, many thanks!

No worries Alan....anytime!!!.....good luck!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:41 pm 
Airman

He-219 Landing at Al Massira North Africa....