Transfer J3 cub w/accusim from FSX:SE to FSX

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
krle
Airman Basic

Transfer J3 cub w/accusim from FSX:SE to FSX

Post by krle »

Hi, I recently purchased A2A J3 cub (with accusim) from Steam. The addon is added to fsx steam directory automatically and it's working fine. Now I want to transfer the J3 to my FSX instalation (updated with SP1 and SP2) and I'm having problems. The plane is visible in plane list, but when I select any of the A2A cubs, I get an error saying that Visual model could not be displayed: A2A Piper Cub and fsx crashes.

Note: The fsx:se and fsx are installed on the same system, I know that this could be the problem.

I've done the following steps:
- copy files from \Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\DLC\360080\SimObjects\Airplanes\ to \Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\
- copy files same path Effects dir
- Download and run simconnect
- Download and run Accusim updater (didn't find my A2A Cub), I also tried to put files in a separate dir and run updater from there, same thing
- I've checked the paths for mdl files, I also check files in the /user/documents/ folder they look okay to me (error message was from here https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/librar ... delCFGFile)

Is there anything else I should do in order to make the planes model appear when I select them?

Thank you,
D.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Transfer J3 cub w/accusim from FSX:SE to FSX

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

you cannot move the steam edition out of steam, its a steam edition for steam FSX. Steam uses its own copy protection which is why you are encountering errors.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

krle
Airman Basic

Re: Transfer J3 cub w/accusim from FSX:SE to FSX

Post by krle »

Hi Lewis,

Thank you for swift response.

D.

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support”