Staring the Cub in Steam

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
highplainsflyer
Airman Basic

Staring the Cub in Steam

Post by highplainsflyer »

I originally purchased the cub in 2013. I recently purchased a new computer which can run Oculus Rift and am configuring my flight simulators to work with my new computer.

Recently, I re-downloaded the cub (from the e-mail I received in 2013) and installed it into the Steam version. It's not that I have any particular preference for Steam; however that is where FlyInside installed itself.

However, I have not had any luck starting the Cub. Moreover, when I start the sim with the cub, it dies within a minute or so of loading. Ultimately, I would like to use this with Oculus Rift. So far, this has been the only aircraft I have installed which is giving me problems in Steam with Oculus Rift.

Control E does not seem to work with Steam. I can (and have) spun the propeller at least a hundred times without the plane starting.

The manual refers to a helper dude. How do I get the helper dude to show up and spin the propeller for me?

I would like to run a demo of Flight Simulator in VR for a club I belong to later this month. I thought the cub would be a nice plane to use because it is not overly complicated. However, it seems that I may have to use the default FSX cub, because I cannot get the A2A cub started.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Staring the Cub in Steam

Post by Oracle427 »

Do you own the Accusim expansion for the Cub?

That is a separate package that needs to be installed after installing the Cub. There is also an Accusim update that should be applied last. The Accusim core update is available from the above sticky topic.

You have to manually spin the prop using your mouse from the appropriate external view.

It sounds like you may not have added fuel and oil using the A2A fuel control panel? You can't use the FSX fuel menu to fuel the aircraft.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

highplainsflyer
Airman Basic

Post by highplainsflyer »

OK, I did reinstall Fly Inside to the FSX boxed version, and that seems to work. I guess the problem is with Steam.

BTW, it looked really weird in Prepar3d v4.2. The hysterical screaming passenger lady was stashed in the back part of the plane. Many of the panels were sort of transparent, and the thing never lined up right in VR.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

The cub is not compatible with P3D
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

do you have the Accu-sim package for the cub too?

Don't forget to add the Accu-sim update if you do;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 65&t=57819

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support”