Piper Cub not staying flat on sloping terrain

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
chip_5620
Airman Basic

Piper Cub not staying flat on sloping terrain

Post by chip_5620 »

When on sloping rwys in the cub or comanche 250 the plane is staying level. I have tried reinstalling and it did nothing. This problem doesn't occur for the a2a skylane and I don't know for any other a2a aircraft because I unfortunately don't have them (yet). This isn't as big a problem with the comanche because I'm not flying it into the orbx crm bush strips that have extreme slopes (for instance i97d), but it is very frustrating with the cub because its meant for that kind of flying and having your aircraft clipping through the ground and partially floating on a sloping rwy really kinda ruins the immersion. I even had a case at one airport where the prop struck the ground because the slope was too steep at one of the bush strips for orbx jacksons int.

Edit:

I uploaded a folder on onedrive with screenshots of the A2A Cub vs the Default FSX Cub.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmE9dUaclGxRgz3K4BFfwXm4Ttgz
Last edited by chip_5620 on 05 Jan 2018, 14:05, edited 2 times in total.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Piper Cub not staying flat on sloping terrain

Post by Lewis - A2A »

hello,

this could be because sloped runways are not supported in the platform sim. You wont be able to post screenshots without hosting them somewhere first;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=50279

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

chip_5620
Airman Basic

Post by chip_5620 »

If that was the case the default fsx aircraft and all my other addons would behave the same as the a2a one (not to mention the skylane too). If anything I wanted to point this out to you guys so you can avoid it in the future because it is a serious issue now that sloping rwys are being incorporated in fsx and p3d. The comanche has this exact same issue, but the skylane doesn't, ergo, this should be very fixable or at least avoidable in the future, shouldn't it?

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

It is a bit of a hack in the engine as it can't support slipped runways. The fact that it "works" doesn't mean it works correctly it can work under all circumstances.

The engine developed by A2A that runs outside the core sim engine may not be have access to all the information required to properly simulate things. If the native sim engine doesn't support it, then there may not be variables or APIs coded for a third party developer to handle those circumstances.

I would love to see slipped runways working as well, but I've given up with all the issues I've run into.

Your Mileage May Vary.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support”