Wish id never heard of A2A

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Len015
Airman Basic

Wish id never heard of A2A

Post by Len015 »

Purchased FSX a few months back on Steam in hopes of having a Accu sim aircraft to fun around with. They made it sound so exciting. So for Christmas I purchased the Piper J3 on sale for $20 cdn. Today now after many failed attempts with updates, sp1, sp2. Ive had it......So glad I didn't spend more money.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Wish id never heard of A2A

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Len,

sorry you have experienced some issues. This is your first post on the support forums. If you like we can help you get up and flying 99% of issues are simply ones easy to fix on a users system. If you let us know the nature of the issue we can probably get you up and flying in no time.

(Thread moved to tech support should you decide to seek help for an issue).

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

I would also like to add that sp1 and sp2 didn't make any sense if you own FSX-SE. Those service packs are only relevant if you have a disc based version of FSX that is not patched with Acceleration.

You may have accidentally corrupted an FSX-SE install by trying to apply the service packs where they should never have been applied.

What problem(s) were you trying to solve that drove you to try and applying the service packs?
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

trindade
Staff Sergeant

Post by trindade »

If you got some corrupted files on your FSX steam installation, instead of uninstall and reinstall it you can do a integrity check of FSX SE files. With this you will get a clean installation of FSX SE.

Len015
Airman Basic

Post by Len015 »

Well to start with, I may have been a little harsh with the title of my post. That was more or less frustration then anything.

When I purchased the game I saved the file to my desktop. Once there I ran the file. It opened the A2A Piper J3 Cub Accusim Installation page.
It said there it would install the A2A J3 Cub into MFX. aswell as I should quit any windows programs. Finally it mentioned that each installer package had its own branded ID number.

After hitting Next, It open the Destination Location Page, I choose the file path that was already suggested.

Hit Next again which opened Start Installation Page.

Hit Next once again

The setup could not find the A2A simulations Piper J3 Cub installed.
This seems to me I missed something.

Later after reading the J3 Piper Cub forums someone mentioned.

"did you purchase the base package which is the aircraft and the Accusim addon for the Cub? The Cub is a early Accusim plane where
the plane and Accusim came in two separate files and two separate downloads. Starting with the C172 Accusim and the plane came in one file."
this was from a post a year ago.

I even tryed a update download which ran and looked for what Accusim aircraft you had but said "J3 Cub NOT FOUND"

Wish there was just step by step instructions. Im really not sure what Im doing or trying to say.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

This sounds like you purchased the Accusim expansion pack for the J-3, but not the J-3 itself. As noted in that post, you need to have the J-3 first.

Did you purchased the Accusim expansion, or the J-3 our the bundle?
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Len015
Airman Basic

Post by Len015 »

Yes, I believe I forgot to click the box for the bundle....Looks like I bought the "A2A Piper J3 Accusim.EXE" (expansion pack) That is the file on my desktop.....Damn
There must be a way for me to now just purchase the J3 Piper Cub? Is there?

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Len015 wrote:Yes, I believe I forgot to click the box for the bundle....Looks like I bought the "A2A Piper J3 Accusim.EXE" (expansion pack) That is the file on my desktop.....Damn
There must be a way for me to now just purchase the J3 Piper Cub? Is there?
Ping either Scott or Lewis and explain what has happened. I'm sure either one can help get you sorted out and running. You will love the Cub. We spent a LOT of time doing the flight model. I'm sure as soon as you get the right files and in the right order installed properly, you'll be back here telling us how much you are enjoying our J3.
Dudley Henriques

Len015
Airman Basic

Post by Len015 »

Ok thank you I will do that.

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

I hope you got this sorted out...

The base aircraft model is here. $25 USD.

The AccuSim expansion for the J3 Piper Cub adds additional features. $20 USD.

If you purchase these two components separately the total cost is $45 USD. If you bundle at purchase, you save $5.

Steam also offers a DLC 'bundled' version for $40 USD. However, if you already have the AccuSim portion but not the base model, I'd sort that out with A2A via PM.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes we got Len015 all sorted out and at last message to me was exploring the cubs hidden features, rowing it on water etc.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support”