Accusim Cub doesn't show on screen

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
ozjim
Airman Basic

Accusim Cub doesn't show on screen

Post by ozjim »

Hello all Cub pilots, I'm new to the A2A Accusim Cub, but I've been flying the Microsoft Flightsim X Cub since it first came out. I have a problem with the Accusim Cub download. The Cub doesn't appear on screen. All it has is cockpit glazing and pilot, the "passenger" is tucked into the rear fuselage behind the seat. There is a faint hint of a propeller, the sound works OK and the engine produces smoke and loud noises when over throttled. I've uninstalled and re-installed the flight sim program and the Cub add-on to no avail. Any advice would be appreciated.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Accusim Cub doesn't show on screen

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Jim and welcome!

Sounds like you're running the disk edition of Microsoft FSX but haven't installed both the service packs available here (or the option Acceleration add-on pack).

Hopefully the two SPs should sort you out, but please also download the Accu-Sim update available here.

Cheers,
Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Accusim Cub doesn't show on screen

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Nick is spot on, it sounds like your FSX is not updated hence the issues. The Cub requires FSX to be updated to SP2 standard. Also you'll want to make sure once installed you also run the latest Accu-sim updater to get the cub itself all updated.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support”