How do I skim the water with the tundras?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Neutrino
Airman Basic

How do I skim the water with the tundras?

Post by Neutrino »

I've seen videos of people skimming the water with the tundra tyres on the Piper Cub, and apparently it's possible to do with the A2A variant. But whenever I try it as soon as the tyre touches the water I instantly get the FSX "Crash!" message.

Is there some setting I need to adjust to make this possible?

Also I heard it rumoured that it was possible to get more realisitc crashes but adjusting some setting in and aircraft.cfg file. Is this true?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: How do I skim the water with the tundras?

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

double check your sim settings are that as laid out in the manual and also that you are all updated after running the latest Accu-sim updater.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Neutrino
Airman Basic

Post by Neutrino »

Thanks Lewis. Finding and running the Accusim updater fixed it.

I only bought and installed the Cub this weekend, so it's not great that versions being sold now are out of date at point of sale. The manual also makes no mention of needing to update it.

The updater also states that if any of your aircraft.cfg files are tweaked it will back them up, but it doesn't, it just overwrites them, so I had to manually reinstall a load of custom skins I had.

Nice product though. Just a couple of wrinkles in the installation procedure and instructions that could use ironing out.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Hi Neutrino, actually having an all-in-one updater is very convenient, especially once you start collecting other A2A aircraft. :D

In your FSX\A2A\J3 folder there should be a folder labeled "backup", inside that folder is a copy of your .cfg before the latest update. Copy and paste and all your skins are visible again.

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support”