CH Pro Pedals Bad

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
greatengine
Airman

CH Pro Pedals Bad

Post by greatengine »

If you have CH Pro Pedals that are not working maybe I can Help you solve the problem. I have 3 sets of these pedals. and out of 3 only one set worked. Now here is what I went through. I took the CD that comes with the pedals and loaded it into windows. I have windows 7. I don't think it matters what windows you have. Got it loaded. Than Took the CD out went back to desktop and windows 7 its a little different to get to the controller menu, I go to start than games ,tools, input Devices. than it shows joystick ok CH Pro Pedals usb ok. so ether double click on Pro Pedals or the advance button. Now you got your test or calibrate picture. Now here Is how mine tested. when you pushed down on the right brake the cross hair up in the left corner of the box moved from top to bottom. Than I pushed down on the left brake pedal and the cross hair did not move at all. If working should move from left to right. Than when you push down on the right rudder pedal the bar chart will move from left to right. Push down the left rudder pedal the bar graph will move from right to left. So everything checked out except the left brake pedal. So I went in to the calibrate menu in the fsx and must have changed the settings a million times. going back to the test page only to find out that doesn't work. So than I went back to desk top and loaded the CD and Loaded the CH installer. I again worked at changing the systems. than would go back to the test page only to find out that doesn't work. Sill no left Brake. so after over a week of trying I gave up and called the CH pro pedals Factory. I really lucked out it just happened to be the fellow I got a hold of was the fellow who reworks these pedals. So I told him all the information that the pedals were doing. and re setting all the sensitivity / nole settings. he told me that setting do no good. Its inside what the problems are. So I asked him if I could send the pedals in for a rework. He said Sorry we don't do reworks any longer. I would have to find some one else that would do this or Do it yourself. Im sorry have to go to CH Pro Pedals Bad 1.

ebo
Master Sergeant

Re: CH Pro Pedals Bad

Post by ebo »

I do not have pedals, but had a thought. If you have the paid version of FSUIPC then you might try to configure them there.

I had to do this in Win 8.1 as I was constantly loosing my controller. Having set it up in FSUIPC my problems were solved.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9500 mit Tapatalk
Regards
Eberhard Haberkorn

greatengine
Airman

Post by greatengine »

ebo wrote:I do not have pedals, but had a thought. If you have the paid version of FSUIPC then you might try to configure them there.

I had to do this in Win 8.1 as I was constantly loosing my controller. Having set it up in FSUIPC my problems were solved.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9500 mit Tapatalk
Hi No I dont' have any of that. just the CH pro Pedals hooked up to FSX and they work very well. Thanks for your advice Greatengine.

aonyn
Staff Sergeant

Post by aonyn »

Hi greatengine,

This is the one and only problem I have had with my CH gear, after some 12 or 13 years with it.
The problem is, there are thin wires that connect the toe brakes, and they move back and forth, bending every time you move the pedals.
Over time, the thin wire will break after so many bends.

If you are handy with a soldering iron, you can open the pedals, and reconnect where the wire broke easily enough.
Just two warnings, disassemble carefully, as there are small bearings and such which will try to fall all over, so some care is needed to keep everything in order so you can reassemble it without too much confusion.
Second warning, use rosin core solder only for electronic soldering (acid core will lead to corrosion and bad connection later).
When soldering, heat the wire, and not the solder, allow the solder to be melted indirectly by touching the heated wire. A clean and well tinned iron point will work best.
Otherwise you will get a cold (lumpy looking) solder connection, which will give you a bad electrical connection.

Anyway, this is really not a difficult fix, just heed the advice I mention above and you should be fine.

Regards,
Dave

Edit - I read your following posts, after having already replied to this one.
I see you have already fixed the problem I described, and gave very nice instructions for the next member who encounters this. :D Glad you got it sorted.
Ron Attwood wrote:David, you'd be useless on Twitter. Too reasonable by half. :D

greatengine
Airman

Post by greatengine »

aonyn wrote:Hi greatengine,

This is the one and only problem I have had with my CH gear, after some 12 or 13 years with it.
The problem is, there are thin wires that connect the toe brakes, and they move back and forth, bending every time you move the pedals.
Over time, the thin wire will break after so many bends.

If you are handy with a soldering iron, you can open the pedals, and reconnect where the wire broke easily enough.
Just two warnings, disassemble carefully, as there are small bearings and such which will try to fall all over, so some care is needed to keep everything in order so you can reassemble it without too much confusion.
Second warning, use rosin core solder only for electronic soldering (acid core will lead to corrosion and bad connection later).
When soldering, heat the wire, and not the solder, allow the solder to be melted indirectly by touching the heated wire. A clean and well tinned iron point will work best.
Otherwise you will get a cold (lumpy looking) solder connection, which will give you a bad electrical connection.

Anyway, this is really not a difficult fix, just heed the advice I mention above and you should be fine.

Regards,
Dave

Edit - I read your following posts, after having already replied to this one.
I see you have already fixed the problem I described, and gave very nice instructions for the next member who encounters this. :D Glad you got it sorted.
Thanks Dave That was some great expert advice you also mentioned Listen to Dave he Is Right. Thanks Greatengine.

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support”