Piper Need some Help with the Mag.

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
greatengine
Airman

Piper Need some Help with the Mag.

Post by greatengine »

Piper I have a new problem Can you give me any advice on how to get the mag to work. for the A2A Piper Cub. I went to controls in the menu and clicked on the menu for buttons and keys said new assignment and clicked the M key on the key board, said load. Than went back into the flight I have going. Pushed on the M key but it still does not work. the mag. I pull the seat down till I see the mag and run it from the mouse but I Sure would like to just be able to push the key on the keyboard. and make it work. Example I push the key H and the carb heat works great in or out. also is there any key on the key board that will turn the fuel on and off. That only works on the menu and the mouse. Or is the menu shift 3 the only way that works. the rest of the program works great. Including Heidi,and all sounds. Im just on a flight right now from Oshkosh Wisconsin to Chippewa Falls Win. to a lake called Wissota We have a friend that lives right at the center of the edge of the lake so I have 170 Nm left and Ill be landing on the lake with the cub on floats the yellow. its been an interesting flight so far. Well I hope you can give me some answers for these problems. Be waiting to here back from you thanks great engines.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Piper Need some Help with the Mag.

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

When you run the input configuration are you making sure to right click and select 'run as admin'?

Also make sure your sim is not running when doing this is best also.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

greatengine
Airman

Post by greatengine »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello,

When you run the input configuration are you making sure to right click and select 'run as admin'?

Also make sure your sim is not running when doing this is best also.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
Lewis !! Im Sorry but what is a input Configuration and where do I find this file Thanks For getting back to me. Ill Be waiting to here back. Ive wrote so many Messages and no body has been getting back with me. Am I putting this in the forum right ? to have people get back with me? Would really appreciate an answer on this Thanks Greatengine.

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

Greatengine as a non A2A member just a forum member, your remarks about not having enough help is out of order and totally unfair.Scott the owner of A2A took the trouble to contact you and help.Lewis has spent a long and very patient time with you.
Please read the manual which you will find under your start programs/A2a directory.
This aircraft is not a jump in and go aircraft it is a complicated simulation and very accurate.
Please read the posts that have been made to help you and take one step at a time.
Go back over your previous posts and read what Lewis and others have advised you to do.
Cheers Chris

ft
Staff Sergeant

Post by ft »

The M key only selects the mags for control. You then have to push + or - to cycle through the selections. I e M followed by + three times to go to both mags.

At least when you have a mag turnkey. I do not have the A2A Cub, but I assume separate switches for each mag. Look in the FSX manual/help if the above doesn't do the trick.
Be warned: Aero engineer, real life pilot, sim programmer. Nothing good can come out of that.

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

Greatengine are you aware that the magnetos switch in the cub can be operated by your mouse.

You will find the switch high up on the left hand side of the aircraft above the left window.

Cheers Chris

greatengine
Airman

Post by greatengine »

speedy70 wrote:Greatengine as a non A2A member just a forum member, your remarks about not having enough help is out of order and totally unfair.Scott the owner of A2A took the trouble to contact you and help.Lewis has spent a long and very patient time with you.
Please read the manual which you will find under your start programs/A2a directory.
This aircraft is not a jump in and go aircraft it is a complicated simulation and very accurate.
Please read the posts that have been made to help you and take one step at a time.
Go back over your previous posts and read what Lewis and others have advised you to do.
Cheers Chris
Speedy70 Im Really Sorry I didn't mean to offend anyone I know Ive had a lot of people help and they have helped me get the program running great. and especially Scott. I ow him a lot. But I wasn't trying to complain. what I was trying to do was asking if I was writing in the write aera of the form so I can get back to them with the answers they need. So Again I Apologize. Greatengine

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

Hi greatengine.
Yes you are in the right area of the forum.Just keep adding your problems here and we will try to help.

Please reply in detail to the things we ask you to do.For instance have you found the magneto switch high up on the left hand side above the left window,and moved it with the mouse.

Cheers Chris

greatengine
Airman

Post by greatengine »

speedy70 wrote:Greatengine are you aware that the magnetos switch in the cub can be operated by your mouse.

You will find the switch high up on the left hand side of the aircraft above the left window.

Cheers Chris
Hi Chris I do know the mag is up high in the corner and can be used with a mouse. I just thought it would be easier to use the keys instead of going up to the corner to make it work. Thanks for the advice Greatengine.

greatengine
Airman

Post by greatengine »

speedy70 wrote:Hi greatengine.
Yes you are in the right area of the forum.Just keep adding your problems here and we will try to help.

Please reply in detail to the things we ask you to do.For instance have you found the magneto switch high up on the left hand side above the left window,and moved it with the mouse.

Cheers Chris
Yes I Have and Ive Been using this Method since I Loaded this Program. I just thought that if you can use the keys I wouldn't have to raise the inside of the airplane up each time. Its ok this method works Fine. and thanks for telling me Im using the forum the right way. Ive just finished getting my CH Pedels all Programed in and they work great so with My A2A J3Cub Program all in and running. I won't Be Bothering you, Piper Scott and all the others that helped to get this running. I have appreciated all the help. Greatengine

greatengine
Airman

Post by greatengine »

Cheers Chris
I Wont Be Bothering You Anymore Sorry For the Problems and Many Thanks Bob

greatengine
Airman

Post by greatengine »

Cheers Chris
I Won't Be Bothering you or any of the other members any longer Thanks Greatengine or Bob.

greatengine
Airman

Post by greatengine »

Cheers Chris
I Won't be Bothering you or Any other Members Thanks Greatengine Bob.

greatengine
Airman

Post by greatengine »

Cheers Chris
I Won't be Bothering you or any Members Thanks GreatEngine Bob.

greatengine
Airman

Post by greatengine »

ft wrote:The M key only selects the mags for control. You then have to push + or - to cycle through the selections. I e M followed by + three times to go to both mags.

At least when you have a mag turnkey. I do not have the A2A Cub, but I assume separate switches for each mag. Look in the FSX manual/help if the above doesn't do the trick.
Thank You Very Much Ill Give This A Try Greatengine Or Bob.

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support”