Piper Need some Help with the Mag.

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
greatengine
Airman

Re: Piper Need some Help with the Mag.

Post by greatengine »

greatengine wrote:
Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello,

When you run the input configuration are you making sure to right click and select 'run as admin'?

Also make sure your sim is not running when doing this is best also.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
Lewis !! Im Sorry but what is a input Configuration and where do I find this file Thanks For getting back to me. Ill Be waiting to here back. Ive wrote so many Messages and no body has been getting back with me. Am I putting this in the forum right ? to have people get back with me? Would really appreciate an answer on this Thanks Greatengine.
Lewis I want to thank you very much for all the help you have given me. Im sorry if ive said the wrong things to you. I never meant for any trouble. I do ow you a lot you got my A2A J3 Cub up and running like a watch. I just finished Hooking up my ch pro pedels and they work perfect. anyway Thanks for everything. And I won't be bothering you anymore. Thanks GreatEngine Bob.

greatengine
Airman

Post by greatengine »

greatengine wrote:

When you run the input configuration are you making sure to right click and select 'run as admin'?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
Lewis !! Im Sorry but what is a input Configuration and where do I find this file Thanks For getting back to me. Ill Be waiting to here back. Ive wrote so many Messages and no body has been getting back with me. Am I putting this in the forum right ? to have people get back with me? Would really appreciate an answer on this Thanks Greatengine.
Lewis Great News I got the mag to move in all 3 Positions I just had to hit The M key On the keyboard and than a + and it moved from off to Number 1 Mag than do the same to Number 2 Mag and again to Both. Than to bring it back M Key and the - key works really great. So Thanks Greatengine.

ft
Staff Sergeant

Post by ft »

greatengine wrote:
greatengine wrote:

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
Lewis Great News I got the mag to move in all 3 Positions I just had to hit The M key On the keyboard and than a + and it moved from off to Number 1 Mag than do the same to Number 2 Mag and again to Both. Than to bring it back M Key and the - key works really great. So Thanks Greatengine.
Good to hear, thanks for letting us know what worked!

Cubs are lovely little planes, aren't they?!
Be warned: Aero engineer, real life pilot, sim programmer. Nothing good can come out of that.

greatengine
Airman

Post by greatengine »

ft wrote:The M key only selects the mags for control. You then have to push + or - to cycle through the selections. I e M followed by + three times to go to both mags.

At least when you have a mag turnkey. I do not have the A2A Cub, but I assume separate switches for each mag. Look in the FSX manual/help if the above doesn't do the trick.
Hi I want to Thank you. You were absolutely right I used the Keyboard pushed the M key and than the + key and the mag moved from off to the Number 1 mag , Than did the same move and Number 2 Mag and again and Both Mags. Than when I reversed the process used the M key and the - key and down it moves from both to off. So Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!!! By the way who am I talking to I didn't see a Author name just the rank. Well you solved this problem for me. I really like using this method better than having to move the side of the airplane up and down. for the runup. The mouse worked fine to. which I had already been using. Well Im going use Cigar now and get Hedi and go flying. Think Im going to fly from Boeings Seattle Wash to Portland International. By way of the ocean its a longer trip but very Scenic . So anyway for now Thanks Greatengine Or Bob.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good to hear your up and running. Never think your annoying or anything like that by posting questions on the forums, its what they and we are here for, to do our best to solve any issues you encounter and get you up and in the virtual skies.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

greatengine
Airman

Post by greatengine »

greatengine wrote:
ft wrote:The M key only selects the mags for control. You then have to push + or - to cycle through the selections. I e M followed by + three times to go to both mags.

At least when you have a mag turnkey. I do not have the A2A Cub, but I assume separate switches for each mag. Look in the FSX manual/help if the above doesn't do the trick.
Thank You Very Much Ill Give This A Try Greatengine Or Bob.
Hi Tried the M key than the + key it went from off the the first Mag than did it a second time it went to the second mag did it a 3rd time and the mag went to both. Works Great Than I did the same process Using the M key and the - Key and it went through all the steps the other way. Thank You so Much for the answer. Now when its time for run up I don't have to Move the side of the plane up and down. Thanks Again Greatengine.

greatengine
Airman

Post by greatengine »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Good to hear your up and running. Never think your annoying or anything like that by posting questions on the forums, its what they and we are here for, to do our best to solve any issues you encounter and get you up and in the virtual skies.

thanks,
Lewis
Thanks Lewis your a champ and you do so much for so many people how do you have the time. Keep up the great work you Scott, Piper , and all the rest of the people that help me. Greatengine

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support”