J3

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
greatengine
Airman

J3

Post by greatengine »

J3 Works
Last edited by greatengine on 08 Feb 2016, 20:57, edited 4 times in total.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Just bought the J3, the airplane is all black?

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Hi,

And welcome to the forums.

What simulator are you using?
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

greatengine
Airman

Post by greatengine »

Hay Scott I Tried to load your two files Pack 1 & pack 2 This is what I get when I clicked Them. I got a window that says sorry cannot be found. The url May be misspelled or the page your looking for is no longer available. So what do I do to get these 2 files loaded. I put your first file in the regular internet box and it took me to twenty pages of down loads I found one that said Microsoft Flight simulator X sdk sp1a update to the Microsoft flight sim X SDK So I tried loading that only to find out it was a latter addition. so is there any that would get me there. I got this windows hot mail I know this is probably causing the problem. sure would like to get these other two files I like to go flying. Thanks Greatengine. If you or any of the other members could you tell me how I get messages just to your site and not mine I would really appreciate that Thanks.
Last edited by greatengine on 29 Jan 2016, 14:37, edited 1 time in total.

greatengine
Airman

Post by greatengine »

using Microsoft flight simulator X with A2A Simulations J3 Cub

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Do the default aircraft in FSX show up okay? Do you have any other add-on aircraft and are they okay? If yes to both of those questions, try uninstalling the J3 and then re-install it.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

This sounds like the simulator hasn't been patched up to the current service packs.

Do you own Acceleration and have it installed? That will get you patched to the current version of FSX.

If you don't own Acceleration then you will need to download and apply SP 1 and 2 from Microsoft.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

That would be my guess too Oracle.

Bob see also in the FAQ thread for more information on where to download the service packs.

Did you get the Accusim package for the J3?
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

greatengine
Airman

Post by greatengine »

Hi To all the members Jacques well I tried your Idea I took and unloaded all 4 files of a2a J3 Cub Than I unloaded the entire Microsoft FSX program than reloaded FSX program. Than I reloaded all four zip files that Scott sent me of J3 cub these files are 1 A2A piper J3 2 A2A piper J3 Accusim 3 piper v1.1 update 4 piper J3 v1.11 hotfix Got them installed Run the program. Now the screen when start I get the pilot and hidi only when I go to the next screen I only see very transparency now of the cub and it goes in and out and the black image comes in and out. the motor sounds are on and off the motor runs about 30 seconds has smoke pouring out of it than quits. and far as the other screens none of them work at all loading pass , and ect the map comes in but only using the menus at top of screen. Now if I load just the SFX planes They fly great and have all the Graphics. so now Im at a loss don't know what to do. I don't have that acceleration program you were speaking about. I think one of the major problems Is until I get a bigger computer that one just doesn't have enough power Im using a laptop Gateway and Its pretty much running the FSX at all the speed I can muster its running 4.6 and in the air 6.9 so I don't think im going to get this A2A program off the ground. just from what I played with It looks like a really neat program. one day I hope to buy the biggest and baddest computer that will run anything that you want to throw at it. Well signing off GreatEngine
Last edited by greatengine on 25 Jan 2016, 18:09, edited 1 time in total.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Piper_EEWL wrote:Bob see also in the FAQ thread for more information on where to download the service packs.
I think you have to install the service packs for Microsoft Flightsimulator X as I've said before. Go to the FAQ thread here:

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 65&t=19370

In that thread Scott has posted the links on where to download the service packs for FSX.
Scott - A2A wrote:REQUIREMENTS
Your Microsoft Flight Simulator X must either up to Microsoft FSX Service Pack 2 or the Microsoft Acceleration expansion pack installed.
If you do not have either, then first install Microsoft Flight Simulator X Service Pack 1:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/d ... aae2f0409e
Then the Service Pack 2:
http://www.fsinsider.com/downloads/Page ... Pack2.aspx
(The Windows user must have ADMIN rights before installing the product)
Please try this and then report back here if you don't mind.

Take care

Oh and one more thing. If you want to change a previous post just click edit in the right lower corner of that post. This way you don't have to repost your whole post again!

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

BTW guys, Greatengine (Bob) is not that familiar with how to use Windows in general (drag and drop, zip files, etc.).

I set him up here on the forums from my PC so we could get him links he needs.

Bob, as Piper said, do the following:

Click this link first to install Service Pack 1 from Microsoft FSX:

Once that is done, click this link to install Service Pack 2 for Microsoft FSX:

After this is done, let us know how things are.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Hi Bob,

I apologize for missing your post, but Scott and Sebastian (Piper) have got you well sorted already! As they both mentioned, let the forum know your progress and come back with anyfurther issues or comments. And welcome to a great community!

greatengine
Airman

Post by greatengine »

Jacques wrote:Hi Bob,

I apologize for missing your post, but Scott and Sebastian (Piper) have got you well sorted already! As they both mentioned, let the forum know your progress and come back with anyfurther issues or comments. And welcome to a great community!
Hi Jacques Bob here. I need a Question Answered Before I load these 2 files Pack 1 And Pack 2 I have FSX Loaded with the original Planes it comes with. Do I need to reload the 4 zip files that Scott sent me and than download these two other files? Thanks Ill Be waiting to hear back. you know this whole deal Is a new learning curve for me. Especially using this bulletin board. But I think Im Starting to get it. Thanks to all the help from all of you. Thanks Thanks Thanks Great Engine

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Hi Bob,

I hope you don't mind if I answer this. I don't know which files Scott sent to you. But you can download the FSX service packs from the links Scott posted above.
Scott - A2A wrote:Click this link first to install Service Pack 1 from Microsoft FSX:

Once that is done, click this link to install Service Pack 2 for Microsoft FSX:
You should definetly install the service packs first. After that restart the computer and the check and see what the cub looks like in the simulator.

If the problem is still there after the installation of the service packs let us know!

I hope this helps!

greatengine
Airman

Post by greatengine »

X

greatengine
Airman

Post by greatengine »

Piper_EEWL wrote:Hi,

And welcome to the forums.

What simulator are you using?
Hi Piper !!!!! Thanks for your help J3 cub is running Super good, I got Heidi and all the sounds. Read My Forum and I explaned it all Thanks Great Engines.

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support”