floats cub stuck to the water

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
seby.h
Airman Basic

floats cub stuck to the water

Post by seby.h »

Hi Guys,

I have recently moved to P3D V3 and installed the Cub. The little prob I am experiencing is that with the Floats Cub I can not get more than 10 knots airspeed on water so can not take off. I have tried making the plane light just the pilot and fuel 25% but it made no difference. If I slew into the air it flies fine and lands on water perfectly too.

I have not update to P3D to V3.1 yet. I have run the Accum simm updater and it ddi update the Cub.

I still have the FSX vanila installed, P3D and FSX each have a dedicated hard drive seperate to the OS WIN 7 drive. Could my FSX A2A cub be the issue?

Cheers
Seb

Happy new year A2A staff and A2A flyers

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: floats cub stuck to the water

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Seb, first up the official blurb so you know that if it stops working etc then its just par for the course,

The Accu-sim J3 Cub is an FSX simulation, it is not supported on the P3D Platform.

Our current native simulations for the Professional P3D platform are here;
https://a2asimulations.com/store/index. ... x&cPath=11

However I believe its working on on the Platform at present as an FSX port with the odd issue that porting means such as the FM being slightly off, physics a bit different and of course the files all being FSX model and native files over P3D ones that may impact performance. When taking off are you in clear weather and re you able to get on the step?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

seby.h
Airman Basic

Post by seby.h »

Hi lewis,

Thanks for the reply, I tried to write you a few times but the post failed and I lost all my writing.

I have not had much time to test the cub on water but I think the issue is fixed. I think it was a combination of a worn out engine and weather conditions.

I upgraded the P3D V3 client to V3.1. Overhauled the cub engine and presto the short test 2 take offs I did seems to work.

Will try to test it a bit more next week.

By the way i bought all four P3D GA's at the Christmas sale I already had them in FSX and could not live in P3D without them. Looking forward to the CUB P3D V3 if it happens.

Seb

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

seby.h wrote:
...By the way i bought all four P3D GA's at the Christmas sale I already had them in FSX and could not live in P3D without them. Looking forward to the CUB P3D V3 if it happens.

Seb
I'm going to have to put this down to 'old fart syndrome' but I looked at the sale items and couldn't see any P3D stuff. I therefore assumed it was an FSX only sale. Which I thought was a shame as I'm loathe to leave my GAs behind. But leave them I must. :(
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

seby.h
Airman Basic

Post by seby.h »

Sorry Ron to reply a year later, but all the FSX only A2A planes like Captain of the Ship, Cub, Spitfire etc will 99% work if you point the installer to P3D V1 V2 and V3. I think from memory it was just the lights on the Spit and Mustang just appear on when off.

BUT the GA planes that had P3D installer needed a repurchase, I waited for a sale and bought them all.

I have moved to P3D V4 and have all the P3D GA now working in V4 with the new free installers.

I am waiting like most folks for the new installers for all the OLD FSX only aircraft. A2A worth the price. They are the planes I return to the most to fly when not flying for mg Virtual airline Fly UK.

Regards
Sebastian

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Thank you Sebastian. I knew if I was patient, it would be worth waiting for a reply. Now I can move on. Most appreciative. :D
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

caleb1
Senior Airman

Post by caleb1 »

@seby.h have you been able to get the Cub working fine in P3D v4? Or are you still using P3D v3?

Thanks.
Caleb Byers

A2A Hanger: C182, C172, PA-28, PA-24, J3

PC: Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz to 4.0 GHz, 24GB RAM, GTX 745 with 4GB VRAM, 2TB SSHD, Win 10 Home x64.

Simulators: P3D v3.4, P3D v4.5, FSX:SE

Real Hanger at FD08: 1956 C172, 1964 PA-24 400

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support”