G2D.dll woes

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
T6flyer
Staff Sergeant

G2D.dll woes

Post by T6flyer »

Hello,

Yesterday, I did something that I know I should have done ages ago and bought the Cub in the Sales. Done two flights now and with both coming to the same conclusion where the Sim suddenly stops. Upon looking at the Event Viewer, it's down to the g2d.dll file. Thinking it could be any aeroplane, I tried Tim Conrad's Super Tucano and then the A2A 172 and had over an hour in each with no problems at all.

I've had a little look on the net and don't have the Flight1SoundStream fitted (as far as I know), but am really liking the Cub a lot and am hoping that there is a possible fix for my little problem?

I'm running FSX Gold on a Chillblast Hurricane - I53570K overclocked, with 8gig RAM, GTX560ti and Win 7 64bit.

Martin

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: G2D.dll woes

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Martin,

This info which is from page 12 of the Avsim CTD guide may be helpful...
G2D.dll - The g2d.dll is indicated as the faulting module in the crash report. This module handles plain text messages, like the frame rate counter and those other plain text messages you see periodically while running FSX and the plain text words in the FSX Menu, like the words Options, View, etc. There may be something corrupted in your dll.xml which loads menu items. It has been fixed by rebuilding the FSX.cfg (deleting or renaming the FSX.cfg and then restarting FSX). Some others have fixed this problem by uninstalling/reinstalling the video card drivers or going back to a previous version.
Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

T6flyer
Staff Sergeant

Post by T6flyer »

Nick, I owe you a Beer! :)

I hate messing with my computer and all things that go in it, but deleted the cfg file and started all over again. Seemed to have done the trick as of almost 2 hours flying, everything is running well again. Thank you very much indeed!

Tried it with Heidi sat in the front and she seemed rather on the quiet side and then realised that I didn't have the accu-sim update for the Cub. So off to get that now.....and I thought it was my flying that was stopping her from making any comment. Damn!

Again thanks for the help, so much appreciated.

Martin

Pensilva TV Mast, North West of Plymouth

My ever so silent passenger

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks Martin - glad it seems to have helped. :)

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Nice shots!

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

T6flyer
Staff Sergeant

Post by T6flyer »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Nice shots!

thanks,
Lewis
Many thanks. I try to make it as realistic as possible and set the visibility to 20 miles maximum as that is about the best you will see in the UK. Normally fly at 10 miles as the weather isn't that wonderful at times and it helps with my navigation.

But, took Heidi for a Round Robin Tour of Cornwall yesterday evening. Only thing that I noticed was that you could hear what she was saying with the door open. Poor girl hasn't even got a headset on, as in real life you wouldn't be able to hear a thing without them. Came back from Yeovilton Air Day last year on what was a warm evening and with the door open, flying over people's BBQs and various drinking establishments, waving as we sailed past, communication was rather difficult with both of us shouting at one another!

But really enjoying it, just as I have done with all the other A2A types in my virtual hangar.

Best wishes,

Martin

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support”