Cub loses power on takeoff then crashes

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
thomasm
Airman Basic

Cub loses power on takeoff then crashes

Post by thomasm »

I have two versions of FSX with Acceleration on Two differnet harddrives and on both the cub loses power after take off then crashes on both win7 and win 8 I have reinstalled both planes with all the updates and hot fixes.Have Accufeel installed. Used to run perfectly,now I can't take off.What changed,toggleing accufeel doesn't change anything.Have tried using carb heat,no change.I'm about to give up and just fly the cessna which works perfectly, but the cub with Track IR and the rsulting panoramic view from the rear seat is just beautiful. I have flown quite a few hours In Fsx on a variety of Gen aircraft and have had few problems with aircraft mostly A2A,Caranado,except for the cub.I just don't understand what changed.Any help would be appreciated.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Cub loses power on takeoff then crashes

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

what have you added between it working and not working? Have you changed any settings in FSX for example, auto mixture etc?

Also is all OK in the maint hanger?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

thomasm
Airman Basic

Re: Cub loses power on takeoff then crashes

Post by thomasm »

Thanks for the reply and actually you were right as I had added ORBX FTX NA, which is scenery and shouldn't affect the handling of the plane.But when I disabled it,I was able to get a flight in,then I enabled it and did the same flight,and there was the cub of old which is such a sweet flying plane when working right.Not sure what all
means,but boy FSX with all the addons I've got is a complicated beast which can crash in a minute and frequently does,so I'm constantly having to try and figure out why this or that isn't working and with accumsim and accufeel,and all the scenery,its a miracle it works at all.But when it does,well flightsimming has sure come a
long way,thanks a lot to A2A,which I think has given a real boost to the whole program.Anyway thanks for the reply

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support”