J-3 behaves erraticly on my system

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
wmbutler
Airman Basic

J-3 behaves erraticly on my system

Post by wmbutler »

The J-3 Cub is unstable on my system. It locks up when I changing views using the "A" key. It is the page that shows the map. The aircraft seems to respond slowing to control input. I have also experienced a simconnect problem when trying to close program from locked up state. I am not sure how to trouble shoot but I have looked at other postings with similar problems. My system is Windows 7 Home Edition 64bit with sp1 (have searched windows update and don't think there is sp2 for windows 7). My mother board is Asrock Z68 pro3-M with realtek on board sound. I doubled checked the recommended settings in the manual. I have the J-3 cub with accu-sim and have just uploaded your most recent updates. I have not uninstalled and reinstalled the J-3 software. I do not think I disabled the account control when I installed the software. Sorry to be so vague with explanation but any thoughts would be appreciated.

wmbutler

Additional info:

I have installed Microsoft Simulator X Gold Edition which includes FSX Deluxe Edition and FSX Acceleration. Am I correct that this installation includes or does not need Sp1 or Sp2? Another anomaly occurs in side view of flying J-3---the propeller stops and shows multiple black blades.

Thanks for any help you may provide

wmbutler

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support”