Piper Cub issues...

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
bigdaddyspringking
Airman Basic

Piper Cub issues...

Post by bigdaddyspringking »

Piper cub issues....
just ran update patch & hot fix, A few issues.... shutting fuel feed off engine still runs? cannot hand tow plane...it will not move with engine off,tie downs off etc. Also cannot take off from water? Not a computer expert, so not sure how to proceed....

Thanks

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Piper Cub issues...

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

do you have the Accu-sim Realism package for the cub or just the aircraft? Accu-sim is a requirement for the advanced features.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

bigdaddyspringking
Airman Basic

Post by bigdaddyspringking »

Yes sir...I purchased them both...Update....I was able to turn accu-sim off / on and get it to behave better,but if I pull fuel feed off engine still runs? maybe thats an oversite? Not thats a big deal...I also re started my pc after running the patches & fixs....

Thanks for your help !

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

can you please make sure your FSX settings are set as per the manual found under your start menu >> all programs >> A2A Simulations.

The engine will continue to run for a short time whilst the fuel in the pipes is used up.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Welsch
Staff Sergeant

Post by Welsch »

Isn't the procedure to properly shut down the Cub's engine as per the manual to switch off the magnetos first, and only then the fuel valve once the engine has stopped? I seem to recall something along those lines... might be wrong, of course.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Yes turn mags off to shut down engine. Accusim models fuel lines so if you turn off fuel engine still gonna burn fuel in the lines for awhile. Make sure parking brake is off before hand towing. If cub is fully loaded with fuel and pilot and Heidi on a hot humid day you will not be able to take off from water due to density altitude. Do a youtube search for the cub and watch a few videos on water take offs and how to get on step as they call it. That will assist in water take offs. It's not hard at all.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support”