Hand starting not working

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
bvdboomen
Airman Basic

Hand starting not working

Post by bvdboomen »

Hi there,

My name is Ben and live in The Netherlands.

I'm new on this form and I'm pretty much enjoying the P51 Mustang for a while now. A few days ago, I bought the Piper J3 as a Christmas gift to myself and now I'm enjoying another A2A plane! I flew the real Cub several times as a passenger and the look and feel are pretty much dead on.

In contrast to all the tail wheel topics here I can say that I can turn the Cub on a dime and make 90deg turns while taxiing. It's all about timing the throttle, rudder and differential brakes.

Now a few things of which I thought, let's register here and just ask them since I can't find an answer on this forum:
  • I cannot hand start the Cub. I follow the manual and when I want to turn the propeller, the mouse cursor changes into a drawing hand as expected but I can't turn it. Is this a Accusim thing? I don't have that add-on.
    Second, I miss some cockpit sounds, like the opening window on the right. I'm afraid, that's Accusim too but I need to know for sure.
Thanks in advance and if the answers turn out to be the missing Accusim then hey, I'm still enjoying it every second I fly with it!

Ben.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Hand starting not working

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Ben,

Without the Accu-sim package you will be missing the advanced features such as the sounds, realistic engine starts with the fully modelled engine etc.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

bvdboomen
Airman Basic

Post by bvdboomen »

Ok Lewis,

That's clear. Thank you for the answer and maybe some day, I will purchase the Accusim pack. I have it for The P-51 and it's stunning.

Ben.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Once you get use to the cub its worth adding the Accu-sim to really ramp up the realism. Also the update for the Accu-sim cub adds a bunch of new features too.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

To be honest I don't like that the accusim is separate. It adds so much to the aircraft that really make them stand out from every other aircraft. The new c172 trainer has it right with the accusim included.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support”