Accusim sounds stop working after 40 min

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Accusim sounds stop working after 40 min

Post by n421nj »

I flew two flights today and both times at approximately 40 min into the flight the accusim sounds stopped working. I was flying with the door and window open with heidi set to fun in the front seat. After approx 40 min. the accusim sounds stopped and the cockpit sounded like a default aircraft ie. no change in sound when main exit opened or closed. I could still hear heidi but it sounded as if she was very far away. I was flying online both times but no change in heidi personality, no change what so ever with anything flight sim or computer.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

BPL
Staff Sergeant

Re: Accusim sounds stop working after 40 min

Post by BPL »

I also encounter this issue sometimes. It has been discussed in the forums a few times, but unfortunately never definitively resolved AFAIK. I'm not sure what causes it. I think I've seen it suggested before to turn the Accu-Sim volume all the way down and then all the way back up to try to fix it. You could try it, but it never has worked for me.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

I tried turning accusim on and off. Tried turning accu-feel v2 LSA off and on and nothing seems to fix it. It doesn't happen with my 377 just the cub. I have all updates for the cub as well
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

The only thing I can think of that could possibly cause this is a heavily loaded FSX system which puts things just over the edge (slow memory leaks). Do you have any general 3rd party addons?

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

I have an Intel i7 3770k, 16 GB 1866 ram, nvidia gtx680. The only 3rd party software I'm running is Rex overdrive, fly Tampa st marten, Manhattan x, and a bunch of carenado planes. I was flying online on the BVA server both times this happened but haven't flown single player yet to see if it happens.
Andrew

All Accusim Aircraft

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

I would try a flight not on that server, and maybe w/o REX just to test.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

I just did a 1 hr flight on the server and did not experience any problems. However I learned that Heidi used to be a girl scout and she asked if we were on a date and wanted to know if I was her favorite co pilot. Lol you guys are too much. It was a white knuckle flight across the Rockies with accu feel and accu sim. Updrafts and down drafts and turbulence oh my.
Andrew

All Accusim Aircraft

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Andrew, Heidi was made with magic. Thanks for sharing that experience.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

BPL
Staff Sergeant

Post by BPL »

Scott - A2A wrote:The only thing I can think of that could possibly cause this is a heavily loaded FSX system which puts things just over the edge (slow memory leaks). Do you have any general 3rd party addons?

Scott.
I agree that that's probably the problem. The fact that my PC is far from being the best around probably doesn't help matters. However, I'm getting a new PC soon, so I'll see what happens then. :)

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support”