New Cub owner

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
asolyom
Airman First Class

New Cub owner

Post by asolyom »

Hi,

I have bought the Cub (+Accusim expansion) on Simmarket these days. I suppose that the that it is the latest version what I have downloaded, and I do not need any patch. Is that right? Thanks for the help. BTW I love this plane, and A2A version is by far the best Cub I have seen. :D
We have clearance, Clarence.
Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: New Cub owner

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

glad you are enjoying the cub. The patch is still required and fixes a few issues + adds a whole host of new features.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

CharlieP51
Staff Sergeant

Post by CharlieP51 »

asolyom wrote:Hi,

I have bought the Cub (+Accusim expansion) on Simmarket these days. I suppose that the that it is the latest version what I have downloaded, and I do not need any patch. Is that right? Thanks for the help. BTW I love this plane, and A2A version is by far the best Cub I have seen. :D
I love that CUB. Also love the Accu-Sin Mustang and I post only to mention what a dramatic contrast between flying these two legendary aircraft.

Once airborne and in spot view I love watching the CUB make it's way..so peacful and serene, for me, compared to the Mustang, it is a great change of pace and better than meditation IMHO...

Welcome...

Happy SKIES to ALL
Intel Core i7 at 4.2 Ghz w/H2O-16G HyperX RAM-Crucial M4 128G SSD (x2) FSX-SSD & Win7-SSD -GTX 690 5G DDR5-LG 32" HDMI 1920x1080

ImageImage
Image Image

asolyom
Airman First Class

Post by asolyom »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello,

glad you are enjoying the cub. The patch is still required and fixes a few issues + adds a whole host of new features.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
May I install the patch+hotfix AFTER Accusim expansion?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

yes that is how you would install them. First install the products, the cub + accusim and then the updates.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

asolyom
Airman First Class

Post by asolyom »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello,

yes that is how you would install them. First install the products, the cub + accusim and then the updates.
Thanks. Now everything is fine. :D I will install Urs' repaints (and FSX Booster to get some extra FPS), then I'll fly, fly and fly. :D

asolyom
Airman First Class

Post by asolyom »

How can I pushback a floatplane? Somehow it looks to me that water rudder has no effect. I cannot steer with it. :? (it is lowered)

asolyom
Airman First Class

Post by asolyom »

asolyom wrote:How can I pushback a floatplane? Somehow it looks to me that water rudder has no effect. I cannot steer with it. :? (it is lowered)
Now it works. :D

CharlieP51
Staff Sergeant

Post by CharlieP51 »

asolyom wrote:How can I pushback a floatplane? Somehow it looks to me that water rudder has no effect. I cannot steer with it. :? (it is lowered)
With the Accu-Sim CUB and fully updated Accu-Sim Core one can use the oar to row yourself around in the water....such fun. I use it at OG39 Longview Ranch (Orbx) and get right next to the ducks, flowers and butterflies..cool stuff. Better w/door open.

I get a pushback effect with the A2A CUB floatplane but it seems the rate of pushback is too fast for me. Roger on the 'no rudder steering' during a water pushback. Same thing on my RealAir Scout Citabria floatplane.

Happy SKIES to ALL

-ps OG39 has 2 runways parallel..water and paved both..side-by-side..check it out.
Intel Core i7 at 4.2 Ghz w/H2O-16G HyperX RAM-Crucial M4 128G SSD (x2) FSX-SSD & Win7-SSD -GTX 690 5G DDR5-LG 32" HDMI 1920x1080

ImageImage
Image Image

asolyom
Airman First Class

Post by asolyom »

CharlieP51 wrote:
With the Accu-Sim CUB and fully updated Accu-Sim Core one can use the oar to row yourself around in the water....such fun. I use it at OG39 Longview Ranch (Orbx) and get right next to the ducks, flowers and butterflies..cool stuff. Better w/door open.

I get a pushback effect with the A2A CUB floatplane but it seems the rate of pushback is too fast for me. Roger on the 'no rudder steering' during a water pushback. Same thing on my RealAir Scout Citabria floatplane.

Happy SKIES to ALL

-ps OG39 has 2 runways parallel..water and paved both..side-by-side..check it out.
Sounds fun! I'll try this. Right now I am using the Cub (with floats) in Tongass Fjords scenery. :D

asolyom
Airman First Class

Post by asolyom »

CharlieP51 wrote:

Happy SKIES to ALL

The oar works perfectly. :) Unfortunately the real time weather is pretty bad in Alaska right now. :?

asolyom
Airman First Class

Post by asolyom »

Strange! I have flown from Waterfall to Port Alice. I landed and tied the plane to the dock and saved flight. When I load this flight the plane starts to spin on the water and crashes afterall. What have I done wrong? :oops:

asolyom
Airman First Class

Post by asolyom »

Is it possible that I cannot start my Cub at 6000 feet above see level? :oops:

CharlieP51
Staff Sergeant

Post by CharlieP51 »

asolyom wrote:Is it possible that I cannot start my Cub at 6000 feet above see level? :oops:
It is very unlikely if you are hand-cranking it at 6000'..I just could NOT resist!

Seriously and quite truly as well..I just restarted the A2A Accu-Sim CUB at 8,000ft (over Las Vegas) after cutting the mags. I did the Ctrl-E and waited about 5 seconds. Both mags were automagically switched back on and my little CUB was chugging along once again quite merrily..so YES at 6,000ft a CUBBY restart should be a piece of cake. I like angel food.

Happy SKIES to ALL

ImageImage
Image Image

asolyom
Airman First Class

Post by asolyom »

CharlieP51 wrote:
asolyom wrote:Is it possible that I cannot start my Cub at 6000 feet above see level? :oops:
It is very unlikely if you are hand-cranking it at 6000'..I just could NOT resist!

Seriously and quite truly as well..I just restarted the A2A Accu-Sim CUB at 8,000ft (over Las Vegas) after cutting the mags. I did the Ctrl-E and waited about 5 seconds. Both mags were automagically switched back on and my little CUB was chugging along once again quite merrily..so YES at 6,000ft a CUBBY restart should be a piece of cake. I like angel food.

Happy SKIES to ALL
Well, the airfield elevation is 6000 feet (in Kenya), and I tried hand cranking, but did not start.

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support”