Is there a way to get 'ambient' sounds through speakers??

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Drizzle
Airman

Is there a way to get 'ambient' sounds through speakers??

Post by Drizzle »

I posted this over in the Cub discussion thread, and THEN realized this parallel "Support" thread was here... Sorry for the repeat, but I really wanted to bring this question to the attention of the pros...
LOVING my Cub -- what a great airplane!! And what a tremendous job you guys did in bringing this to life for us! THANKS!!

I'm still finding my way around some of the details, and have plenty to learn... Forgive me if this amounts to a "silly question":

I fly with ambient sounds played through a decent speaker system, and use a headset for ATC, etc. But thus far, all of the Accusim expansion sounds only play through my headset. I can't find a way to have them play through the speakers, with all the other 'ambient' sounds.

I'd really like to get the engine chatter, wind noise, etc out of my head and outside where they seem more at home -- is there a "tweak" I can make to have those sounds play through the "Sounds" channel of FSX, rather than the "Voice" channel? Maybe a .cfg entry that could be altered??

Thanks in advance,
Drizzle
Ryzen 7800X3D|Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX MoBo|32GB DDR5 6000MHz|MSI RTX 4090|Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2SSD|Reverb G2|Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo|MFG Crosswinds pedals|VKB Mark III Gunfighter flight-stick, only flying MSFS now

Drizzle
Airman

Re: Is there a way to get 'ambient' sounds through speakers?

Post by Drizzle »

Is there no help for this? No ideas???

It would still be helpful to hear a reply, even if the answer is "no"...

Thanks again,
Drizzle
Ryzen 7800X3D|Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX MoBo|32GB DDR5 6000MHz|MSI RTX 4090|Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2SSD|Reverb G2|Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo|MFG Crosswinds pedals|VKB Mark III Gunfighter flight-stick, only flying MSFS now

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

I do something very similar to you. Here is how I do it with Windows 7:
1) Set your default sound device to your audible speakers (not headsets).
2) In FSX set your sound to your audible speakers (must have SP2/Acceleration).
3) In FSX set your voice/atc to your headphones.

Using this method, I have all my sounds, including environmental coming through my speakers, while all my ATC calls come through my headphones only. Simple.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Drizzle
Airman

Post by Drizzle »

Cody, YOU ROCK!!!!! THANK YOU!! :D

Simple fix, simple instructions -- problem solved!! (My problem was that the headsets were my default sound device....)

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

Drizzle wrote:Cody, YOU ROCK!!!!! THANK YOU!! :D

Simple fix, simple instructions -- problem solved!! (My problem was that the headsets were my default sound device....)
I'm very happy that fixed the issue for you, and apologize for missing your post. Enjoy buddy!
ImageImage
ImageImage

vadermike777
Airman Basic

Post by vadermike777 »

CodyValkyrie wrote:
Drizzle wrote:Cody, YOU ROCK!!!!! THANK YOU!! :D

I'm very happy that fixed the issue for you, and apologize for missing your post. Enjoy buddy!
I realize this post is several years old, and I am not sure if Cody will every see it, but I just wanted to drop you a line, to say thank you so much Cody! This fixed a similar problem of mine that was driving me nuts! Much appreciated!

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support”