Accusim Piper Cub won't load in FSX (FSX freezes)

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
VirtualFlyer
Airman Basic

Accusim Piper Cub won't load in FSX (FSX freezes)

Post by VirtualFlyer »

Hi Everybody!

I bought the Piper Cub together with the Accusim Pack and installed one after the other. When starting FSX, I'm able to select a Cub and start a flight. FSX loads the flight and when the process is finished the Cub shows up at the selected airport position with the engine running. But in a second, everything freezes, the blue Windows ring shows up and FSX won't respond to anything else. You have to shut down the FSX-process via the TaskManager.

Every other Airplane (i.e. the BN-2 Islander from Virtavia or the Carrenado Skymaster 337) works flawlessly.

I tried to first load the default Cessna and then change to the cub - always the same result.

I read about the sound issues and installed the newest Realtec drivers - still the same error.

I deinstalled both packages and installed them again - still the same.

What do I miss? What can I try?

Here are some of my FSX hardware and software specs (the rest of my system configuration is found in my signature):

GoFlight modules (GF-MCP, 2x GF T8, 2x GF 166AVRP, GF-46, RP48, GF-ATC, GF-LTG)
3x 22" Monitors (Screen Resolution 5072x1050 1 Desktop - 3 Monitors)
CH FlightSimYoke, CH Throttle Quadrant, Saitek ProFlight RudderPedals, 3xSaitek PF InstrumentPanel
FSGlobal2010, MyTraffic2010, UltimateTerrain X Series, REX2, ASE, FSFK, RC4, ..
VirtualFlyer

System Specs: i7 2600K 3.4 GHz / ASUS P8P67 deluxe / Sapphire Radeon HD 6970 / 8 MB RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR3 (2x4) / Win7 64bit Professional / FSX + AccelerationPack (Gold Edition)

Always Happy Landings!

zinny
Airman

Re: Accusim Piper Cub won't load in FSX (FSX freezes)

Post by zinny »

Hello

What view are you seeing when this happens.
Mine freezes when the screen comes up with the Map and Radio on it, but A2A has no solution on that .

Hope you get it working

Garry
ImageImage

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Accusim Piper Cub won't load in FSX (FSX freezes)

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

A few pointers as it could be anything your system seems to have a bunch of stuff attached so i'd try a default as possible run to check something isnt messsing up the cub. A few other thoughts for troubleshooting;

-If running windows 7 64 please make sure you are installing as administrator (right click installer and choose run as administrator. Simply having an admin account is NOT the same)

-That all of your drivers are upto date including sound.

-Please make sure no anti virus programs etc are going to interupt the product.

-Please check that your settings are as per the manual and that your FSX is updated correctly to Service Pack 2.

-Piper Cub FAQ might be worth a read through just to check your system is configured correctly; http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 65&t=19370
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support”