Problem with changing views

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Bob-Ski
Airman Basic

Problem with changing views

Post by Bob-Ski »

Good Day People

I purchased the A2A Cub and the addon package and have a problem with the views.

When I change the views using the “A” key everything works fine till the screen that shows the map in the upper left and the radio on the right. When that view comes up the FSP tank to “0” and the machine looks as if it’s hung but it’s not. You can still hear the engine running and if you wait long enough you will see the FPS go up a VERY LITTLE. (2 – 4 FPS) while that is going on the cursor shows the circle (Waiting).

The first time this happened I had EZCA and TrackIR running.

So far I have uninstalled the packages and did a register clean. I disabled EZCA, TrackIR and installed the first part of the 2 packages. I didn’t install the addon package. I also set all my sliders to the full left to see if that would do anything for the FPS if they went to zero again. When I ran FSX again with the Cub my FPS were at 40. That is what I have the max FPS set at. When the map screen came up I was right back to zero FPS and could still hear the engine running.

Next was to reboot the machine and install the addon package. I was thinking that maybe something in the package would fix the problem. Same thing happened at the map screen.

I don’t believe my machine can’t handle what I’m doing. I run all Orbx scenery with my sliders at max or very close to max and can get an average of 35 to over 50 FPS depending on were I’m flying.

One last thing. I would just as soon remove that screen from the sequence if I could. I never use that map … I run FSMap along with other software on a client machine and don’t need to look at the radio that comes up. I have the full set of Saitek panels.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

My system
2600K CPU at 4.5 MHz with the ASUS P8P P67 Pro, 8 GB of Ram and the EVGA GTX 460 GPU.

Norforce
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Problem with changing views

Post by Norforce »

All good but with what OP system
Ron
B-17 AIRFRAME 710 HRS PLUS AND CLIMBING
ImageImageImageImage

GIGABYTE X58A-UD5 MB, INTEL I7 950, 12GB DOMINATOR-GT DDR3 RAM, WIN7 64, GIGABYTE SUPER OVER CLOCK GTX 560 TI 1GB GGDDR5 1000Mz, CORSAIR 850W PS, NOCTUA NH-D14,
TRACKIR 5 & TrackClipPro

zinny
Airman

Post by zinny »

Bob-Ski

My system is doing the exact thing. It seems as soon as the map/radio screen comes up it goes into a freeze. I can not say if this was doing this before the upgrade as I had just bought the sim .

Thanx
Garry

Windows 7 - 64bit
MSI Big Bang Xpower MB
EVGA GTX460 Video
6 Gig Patriot Ram
Intel Core i7 - 930 2.8 Quad
ImageImage

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

Are you guys using modded .cfg files or using tools like the FPS limiter? Are the windows docked, or undocked? Does the standard FSX checklist also cause a large loss in FPS?
ImageImage
ImageImage

zinny
Airman

Post by zinny »

Hello
I looked close tonight and do not see a drop in FPS they are from 17-31 with each screen.
I am not using a modded cfg file.
I do not get a chance to undock either windows as it freezes as soon as that screen is selected.
Not sure what you mean by standard checklist?
I might check with support on how to properly uninstall.
Never had this happen before with any other plane, Hmm
The fs limiter I tried and it makes no difference in FPS or in the freeze that occurs.
CPU usage at that time is 39%
For me it happens when i am selecting next screen and the radio comes up.
If i select radio from the menu it works fine
Thanx
Garry
ImageImage

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

Bob-ski, you say when you cycle the views using the A key, you run into the problem with the map. How about SHIFT+5? This also pops up the map panel. Also does SHIFT+6 (radio panel) cause any problem? In addition, could you test SHIFT+1, too?

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

zinny
Airman

Post by zinny »

Hello Rob

For me Shift 1 freezes , if I right click on screen and pick cockpit it freezes . Also if I select view at top toolbar and then select cockpit it comes up with cockpit view and the readio also then it freezes. Selecting radio from top toolbar everything is fine . My settings I have had for ever on my joystick for views is that when cockpit is selected you are looking at nothing but scenery but with the Piper when selected it also brings up with it the radio or sometimes radio and map , then freezes.

Sorry to have butt in on your question to Bob-Ski but thought this might be same issue with him.

Thank you
Garry
ImageImage

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support”